- Seats are still available for this Sunday’s service, September 13. Reserve a seat at this site: www.ticketor.com/knoxwaterloo. Reservations can now be made for the September 20th service as well. If you have any difficulties with the reservation system, you may call the office during regular office hours to reserve seats over the phone.
- It is NOT necessary to print off an bring along your tickets. After you are screened when you arrive, ushers will have a complete list of seating and will show you to your seats.
- Did you know…? The seating reservation program will automatically block three seats on either side of your reserved seat(s), so no one will be able to sit beside you.
- Those choosing to worship at home can do so through livestream at www.knoxwaterloo.ca, or by listening in on CKWR 98.5FM radio.
- The text this week is Matthew 18:21-35. A teaching on forgiveness is followed by a rather strange parable. Can we disagree with scripture? I hope so!
- The Rev. Mark Gedcke will be assisting in worship. Music will be led by Jessy Ernewein and Jakob Villeneuve.
Call of the Rev. Courtney Crawford
We are happy to announce that last Tuesday the Presbytery of London approved the call of Courtney Crawford to the position of Associate Minister at KnoxWaterloo. Courtney will begin her ministry with us on November 1. This is something to celebrate!
If you aren’t already on the Sunday School email list or if you would like to register your child for Sunday School to receive emails and Zoom notifications, please contact Carole, Faith Formation Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to School Prayers and Blessings for Families
This is a beautiful resource, and not just for children. There is a prayer here for everyone. I encourage you to take a look:
Ashfield Retirement Celebration
Be part of Brooke’s and Linda’s retirement as we look back on more than 30 years together, with special guests, music, stories and fun. Worship service from 10 to 11 am, will be immediately followed by an extended event from 11 to noon. Join by livestream www.knoxwaterloo.ca, or if you wish to attend in person, register for limited seating after September 20 at http://www.ticketor.com/knoxwaterloo, or by calling the office.
Expressions of gratitude, including donations towards a gift from the congregation, can be made to the church office in person, by mail, by phone (519-886-4150) or e-transfer to email@example.com, indicating “Gift for Ashfields.”
Photos and best wishes can also be added to the online card at https://www.kudoboard.com/boards/ZQ0bLayg.
Congregational Care & Prayer
We were saddened this week to hear of the death of Winifred Sanders. Please hold in your heart her family and her dear friends.
PWS&D Ride for Refuge
Presbyterian World Service & Development is inviting us to join them in the Ride for Refuge on Saturday, October 3rd. This year funds are being raised for food security programs around the world. The need is great as families’ livelihoods have been disrupted due to COVID-19. Typically, we walk or cycle; however, this year, because of the pandemic, there are other options such as cooking, dancing reading or drawing – or whatever else you can come up with. For more information, you can check the PWS&D website: (https://presbyterian.ca/pwsd/rideforrefuge/)) or contact Grant or Femmy Birks (519-885-0530) We hope to have a number of people from Knox participating in Team PWS&D.
Student Contact Program
If you have a student in your family who will be attending university or college this September please let the church office know (519-886-4150) or contact Femmy Birks (firstname.lastname@example.org). We like to have this information so that we can include your student in our student contact program. Also, we are looking for one or two adults who would like to join our little team of note-writers.
We have a handful of hymnals remaining to give away. If you would like to have a hymnal of your own, please send a message to email@example.com so we can arrange pick-up or delivery.
Normally we would be celebrating a full Wednesday@Knox schedule and preparing for our first gathering. We miss our weekly get-togethers and are thinking about our Wednesday friends. We will inform you of any plans for future programming.