Entry of the Bible
Call to Worship
One: God said: “Let there be light.”
All: And light appeared.
One: Jesus said: “I am the light of the world.”
All: And the light shone in the darkness.
One: Jesus said: “You are the light of the world.”
All: May our light shine before all!
Hymn 299 “Holy, holy, holy” (Eng vss. 1-2, Fr vs. 1, Eng vs. 4)
Our father in heaven, hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come, your will be done
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread,
And forgive us our sins,
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial,
And deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power
and the glory are yours,
now and forever. Amen.
Peace Invocation: “May the Peace of Christ be with you”
Assurance of God’s Grace
Passing the Peace
(We share a sign of Peace with one another.)
Fun With the Young at Heart
Sunday School this week: Matthew 5:13-20 “Daring Discipleship”
Next week: Deuteronomy 30:15-20 “Making Choices”
Life and Ministry of Knox Waterloo
Presentation of our offering:
Offertory: “By God’s Hand” John Parker, Joel Raney
sung by Knox Chancel Choir
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
Prayer of Dedication
God of grace,
it is our delight and our devotion
to give these gifts to you.
All we are and all we have
are yours alone.
Accept this joyful offering
as a token of our abiding love:
use it to bring peace, justice
and comfort to all the world,
Scripture: Matthew 5:13-20
Sermon: “Sodium Light”
Musical Reflection: “How Can I Keep from Singing”
Prayers of Thanksgiving and Hope
Hymn 399 “Spirit, spirit of gentleness”
Choral Closing “Walk with me”
Walk with me,
I will walk with you;
And build the land that God has planned
Copyright 1988 Estate of John S. Rice OneLicense.net #A713805
Welcome Desk: Nancy Matthews & Femmy Birks
Greeters: Ron & Judy Charie
Ushers: Tom & Sandi McBride, Bob Reith, Cheryl Elliot-Fraser, Dick & Ruth Heeg
Radio/Sound: Deb Lacoste
Broadcast: Grant Birks
Multimedia: David Matthews
Giving Table: Gordon Coyne
Hospital Visitor: Kathy Kiggins
Refreshments: Ruth-Ann Ilgauds
Sunday Attendant: Willi Ilgauds
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Tithe.ly, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.
Knox Waterloo Presbyterian Church statement of Inclusion:
God’s Love Includes Everyone. As an inclusive, affirming congregation, we honour the diversity of God’s creation. Our community is richer when we include people of all ages, gender identities, racial and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, economic circumstances and family configurations. We seek to provide a safe space so that each person can bring every aspect of their whole self into participation within this congregation. We invite all to join into the life, leadership, witness and ministry of Knox Waterloo.