Pageant Sunday – ADVENT 2
“When I observe the wonder that children have, especially at Christmas time, I grow homesick for my childhood. The responsibilities of being an adult often crowd our “wonder” time. I thought it might be fun and eye-opening to experience the wondrous birth of Jesus through the eyes of a child, not a human child, but that of a young star. We’ve all sung “Twinkle, twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are,” but have you wondered what Twinkle, the little star, wondered itself?”
Tammy Waldrop author and composer of Twinkle and the Bethlehem Star
Worship begins with the Entry of the Bible
Call to Worship:
Star light, star bright,
First star I see tonight…
We look up at the night sky as the silent stars go by
And are filled with awe
We remember that Magi from the East declared
“We saw his star and have come to worship”
Today we too have come to worship
Come and shine your light among us, O God
Hymn 110 “Come, thou long expected Jesus”
Lighting the Advent Candle – The Candle of Peace
Grades 4-6 LOGOS Charlotte Carter, Emily Graham & Grace Breen
Hymn 119 verses 1 & 2 “Hope is a Star”
Passing the Peace
Knox Praise Band “Nothing but a child” Steve Earl
Life & Ministry of Knox Church
Reading God’s Word:
Luke Chapter 2 Senior High
Presentation of our Offering:
Offertory “Mary did you know?” Knox Praise Band
Words and Music by Mark Lowry and Buddy Greene
Hymn 170 verses 1-3 “What star is this?”
Prayer of Dedication
Hymn 136 verses 1-3 “The First Nowell”
“Twinkle and the Bethlehem Star”
Grades 4-6 LOGOS Tone Chimes (Director: Deb Lacoste)
Piano: Dave Dougall
Grades 1-3 LOGOS “This little light of mine”
Twinkle – Capi McLean
Bright – Maeve Forde
Sparkle – Lily Emrich
Glow – Makenna Kauk
King Herod – Brooke Ashfield
Wise Guy – Daniel Almeida
Wise Guy – Quinn McGrath
Wise Guy – Matthew Breen
Hymn 173 verses 1&2 “We three kings”
Jr. High LOGOS Christmas Scramble
Hymn 153 verses 1 & 2 “Joy to the World”
Welcome Desk: Femmy Birks & Annamma Abraham
Greeter: Bill Stephens
Ushers: Gordon Coyne, Dick Heeg, Sue & Bruce Dickieson, Barb & George MacAskill
Radio/Sound: Mark Culp
Broadcast: Kathleen Forde
Multimedia: David Matthews
Giving Table: Lawrie Carter
Hospital Visitor: Ellen Yessis
Refreshments: Barb & George MacAskill
Sunday Attendant: Willi Ilgauds
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Tithe.ly, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.
Knox Waterloo Presbyterian Church statement of Inclusion:
God’s Love Includes Everyone. As an inclusive, affirming congregation, we honour the diversity of God’s creation. Our community is richer when we include people of all ages, gender identities, racial and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, economic circumstances and family configurations. We seek to provide a safe space so that each person can bring every aspect of their whole self into participation within this congregation. We invite all to join into the life, leadership, witness and ministry of Knox Waterloo.