An Invitation to Generosity this December
We are grateful for the congregation’s generous response this year in giving their time, talents, and treasures even amidst the unprecedented times of our current global pandemic. So many have gone above and beyond to ensure that ministry continues in and through Knox Waterloo. Typically, between 15-20% of our yearly offerings come in during the month of December. Our 2020 annual budget was developed based on this assumption, which represents approximately twice the regular monthly donation amount in December. In 2020, significant revenue from building and parking lot rentals was lost due to COVID-19 cancellations. Therefore, it is hoped that this appeal for stewardship through monetary donations will support Knox’s ministry into 2021 and beyond. We invite everyone to respond generously to the gift of new life given to us through the birth of the Christ-child.
- This Sunday will be a Christmas celebration in music, featuring Knox Chancel Choir and Full House Brass. Musical selections will accompany scripture and story in a time of worship you will not want to miss. Invite a friend to join in!
- We will light the Candle of Love on our Advent wreath.
- Livestream the service at this link.
- Listen by radio on the FM dial at 98.5 CKWR.
- Click here to access the Knox YouTube channel.
Hot Off the Presses!
The latest issue of the Knox newsletter, ACross the Pews, is available for download here. If you know anyone who needs a copy mailed, please let the office know.
Weekly Online Advent Conversation (on Zoom)
Courtney invites you to join her for her final online Advent Conversations on Zoom: Sunday at 1pm (Dec 20th) and Wednesday at 11am (23rd). Register using this link.
Offering envelopes are available for pick up. Contact the office to make arrangements for pick-up. 519-886-4150.
Candles will be lit and placed on the communion table during the Longest Night service on December 21st. If you would like to have a candle lit for you during the service, drop Hugh an email: email@example.com. There is no need to explain what your candle symbolizes, and names will not be used during the lighting. May it bring you some comfort and peace simply to know that one of the candles will be yours.
CHRISTMAS EVE WORSHP – 5PM & 7:30PM
A special word about the 5PM service: We invite you to join us Thursday, December 24th at 5pm for Knox’s Intergenerational Christmas Eve service. This service is for all ages, with a special focus on bringing the Christmas message to children in a fun, upbeat, and interactive way. If you have a nativity set at home, have it nearby to use during the service, since we will be telling the story using the various nativity characters. The service will include singing, stories, and fun videos. Get comfy at home and celebrate the birth of Jesus with us through our live-stream. Spread the word and invite your friends with young children to join in!
Community Care & Prayer
- We are saddened to share the news of the death of Bruce Simpson. Please keep Janis and their family in your prayers. Private ceremony to take place on Saturday morning. You can read Bruce’s obituary at this site.
- The architect and designer for our building, Barry Sampson, died recently. You can read about his life on the website of Baird Sampson Neuert Architects. Obituary can be found on this site.
Pause for a few moments…right now. Think about someone or something for which you are grateful. Close your eyes, and for a few deep breaths, enjoy the source of your gratitude. Enjoy this gift.
Rev. Hugh Donnelly
Lead Minister at Knox Waterloo