ADVENT 1: HOMESICK (hope)
Sunday, Nov 28th at 10am, Intergenerational Worship & Communion
- This first week speaks to our deep longing—for our home to
- be made whole, made right, and made well.
ADVENT 2: LAYING THE FOUNDATION (peace)
Sunday, Dec 5th at 10am
- In the miraculous birth of John the Baptist, we see the foundation of what is to come. John will prepare the way for Jesus who will guide us all in the way of peace.
ADVENT 3: A HOME FOR ALL (joy)
Sunday, Dec 12th at 10am, Featuring the Knox Chancel Choir
- John the Baptist preaches of a home for all—where inequities are banished, valleys are lifted up, and all have the resources they need for collective flourishing. We are called to collectively be kin-dom builders, building a place where there is room for all.
ADVENT 4: SEEKING SANCTUARY (love)
Sunday, Dec 19th at 10am, Featuring the Sunday School Pageant: Angels Inc.
- After receiving the angel’s extraordinary news, Mary seeks sanctuary as she retreats to Elizabeth and Zechariah’s home to ponder her new calling.
- As part of this service, Sunday School children and youth will lead with drama and humour the story of Christmas from the angels’ perspective.
LONGEST NIGHT SERVICE
Tuesday, Dec 21st at 7pm
- For those who have experienced loss, the holidays can be a particularly painful time, stirring up grief in acute ways. The Longest Night service provides a candle-lit space for prayer, reflection, and remembrance amidst the holiday hustle and bustle. Together we will hear stories of grief from members of our community about the loss of a loved one, the loss of employment, struggles related to health. Together, may we find home in God’s healing presence. Listen on 98.5 CKWR radio.
CHRISTMAS EVE SERVICES
- Theme: Invited Home
Mary and Joseph are displaced from their home, journeying to fulfill their civic requirements to be counted in the census. And yet, the time comes to give birth, so a humble home is found. Perhaps, we might imagine the story of Christmas as God’s invitation to be welcomed home despite all barriers. How will we respond?
- INTERGENERATIONAL WORSHIP SERVICE, Friday, Dec 24th at 5pm
- A SERVICE OF READINGS AND CAROLS, Friday, Dec 24th at 7:30pm
Advent Faith Formation Opportunity: Advent Conversations
Beginning Nov. 30th
- Using the art and poetry of Sanctified Art paired with the scriptures of each week of the Advent season, Hugh and Courtney will offer an opportunity to engage in study, reflection, and conversation about the weekly themes of Advent.
- Tuesdays at 10:30am OR Wednesdays at 7:30pm
- Click HERE (or contact the Knox Office) to register to participate and receive the zoom link.