Children, Worship & Communion
- This week we light the candle of Hope on our Advent wreath as we dream dreams of a better world. The service will be for all ages (including children) and will include stories, music, and a fun animated video on learning to take our time through Advent.
- We will celebrate the sacrament of communion to mark the beginning of Advent. If you are able, have some wine and bread on hand (or something equivalent—it can be anything, really!)
- Livestream the service here: https://watch.nowmediaservices.com/knoxwaterloo
- Listen by radio on the FM dial at 98.5 CKWR.
- Knox YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI4TPrWnvz4luhVquJR0nzw
Sr. High Sunday School
Calling all Sr. High to join this Sunday’s Zoom class featuring Christmas trivia! This fun-filled trivia is the perfect opportunity to show off your knowledge of Advent and the Christmas story. Plus, if you come dressed in a holiday sweater or shirt, you can earn bonus points! Mark your calendars, Sunday, November 29th at 11:30am. Zoom information will be sent out soon.
Advent at Home with Children
Check out the Advent resources online at cnob.org.
Weekly Online Advent Conversation (on Zoom)
Courtney invites you to join her for a weekly online Advent Conversation on Zoom as we journey through the 4 weeks of Advent. The conversation will be based on the Advent worship services & the “Those Who Dream Advent Devotional.” Two time slots are offered per week: Sundays at 1pm (Nov 29th, Dec 6th, Dec 13th, Dec 20th) and Wednesdays at 11am (Dec 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd). Each time slot is limited to 24 participants. You can register for any one of the two time slots each week. Register using the following links:
Those who dream Advent Devotional (attached in this email)
Attached to this email is the digital format version of Advent Devotional that accompanies our Advent Worship Series and Weekly Faith Formation Advent Conversations. If you would like a paper copy in regular or large print, please contact the church office to make arrangements about getting a copy. If you would like a printable version to print yourself at home, please e-mail Courtney at email@example.com and she would be happy to send you a copy. The devotional includes scripture readings, reflections, poetry, and artwork. As you walk through the devotional prompts and readings day by day, may you dream alongside prophets and angels, Mary and the Magi. Together, may we seek and sow God’s dreams for our world.
Our Daily Bread
Copies of the latest issue of Our Daily Bread are available for pick-up. You can find them in the outdoor mailbox by the main doors of the church building.
This year, the Global Partners team at Knox would like to encourage everyone to consider making a gift this year to one or both of the following organizations:
- Our White Gift recipient will be Ray of Hope. You may donate directly to them at this website: https://www.rayofhope.net/how-you-can-help/donate/
- The PWS&D Gifts of Change catalogue is online: https://www.gifttool.com/shop/ShopDepartment?ID=2034&VER=1&LNG=EN&DID=1248
Connecting Together – Christmas flower arrangement on Dec 14
This week the Women Together had a great night of connection as we explored resilience in our faith and in our lives. We decided that the name Connecting Together better represents the season we’re in. We’re going to continue to meet monthly through the winter so we’ll provide more information when dates are set. Our focus will be on caring, comfort and connection and everyone is welcome.
On Dec 14, we’ll be doing our traditional Christmas flower arrangement virtually. Supplies will be available for pick up or delivery during the day and then we’ll meet from 7 to 9PM. We’ll start with time to chat from 7:00 to 7:30. At 7:30 we’ll begin working on the flower arrangements. Instructions will be given through Zoom. We promise that we’ll make it easy to follow and then you’ll have something beautiful to enjoy. There’s a cost of $25 for those who are able. We want everyone to be able to join so please let us know if we can help.
“Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman (Harriet Tubman was an American abolitionist and political activist. Born into slavery, Tubman escaped and subsequently made some 13 missions to rescue approximately 70 enslaved people using the Underground Railroad.)
Rev. Hugh Donnelly
Lead Minister at Knox Waterloo