At a meeting of the Session of Knox Waterloo last evening (Nov. 24/20), the decision was made to cease in-person worship effective immediately. While worshippers over the past months have been extremely cooperative in adhering to the extensive COVID-19 precautions adopted by Knox, the Session has elected nonetheless to take further measures to ensure the health and safety of the Knox community and the community at large as the numbers of cases are once again on the rise. Office staff will continue to keep regular hours, although the building will be closed to in-person programs.
Worship will continue to be livestreamed at 10AM on Sunday mornings (https://watch.nowmediaservices.com/knoxwaterloo) and aired on 98.5 CKWR radio.
Offerings and gifts may be given online (through Tithe.ly or e-transfer (https://knoxwaterloo.ca/home/?page_id=7288), or may be dropped off during regular office hours; kindly call the office ahead of time at 519- 886-4150 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a drop-off time.
We are living in the midst of an unsettling—even devastating—pandemic. But we are also living in the midst of the promise of Emmanuel, God-with-us. For this reason, we dare to dream dreams of hope, peace, joy and love. May we keep alert for signs of the birth of Christ yet again in our midst.
Rev. Hugh Donnelly | November 25, 2020
September 1, 2020
LIMITED IN-PERSON WORSHIP is now available. Please reserve ahead of time – see below. (NOTE: online worship services also continue to be available.)
- In-person Worship at Knox protocols
- In-person worship will abide by Public Health directives
- 30% occupancy is allowed and attendees will pre-register to attend online.
- Cloth or surgical masks must be properly worn at all times on church property including the parking lot. (Knox will provide one if needed.)
- There will be no church school. Children will sit with their families throughout.
- There will be no handshaking or physical contact of any kind (hugs, elbow bumps, etc.) while attending Knox
- There will be no passing of the plate for offering
- Givings Table will be open before and after worship, in addition to a Givings Container on a stand at each sanctuary entrance for receiving offerings as people exit
- Soloists and/or musicians will be safe-distanced in the chancel.
- During hymns, congregants may hum, sway, clap, etc. but NOT sing.
- There will be no coffee hour
- Dismissal will be initiated by minister and directed by ushers
Seats can now be reserved for worship services.
If you have ever purchased tickets online for a concert or show, this will be a familiar process for you. If you have not, the following steps may be helpful:
· Visit www.ticketor.com/knoxwaterloo
· Begin by clicking on the small green “Tickets” box where the service is listed.
· This will bring you to a seating chart.
· The light-green coloured circles are seats which are available for reservation.
· Click on the seat(s) you wish to reserve. Please begin your selection from the end of a row if possible.
· When you have made your selection, click on “Proceed to checkout”.
· Enter your email (required). Hit enter.
· Fill in your first and last name and telephone number (required) and click on the consent box (“I am over 18 years old”).
· Click on “Checkout as Guest”.
· In the “Delivery Method” box, click on the white circle (e-Ticket).
· Click on the consent box, lower left of page.
· Click on the “Reserve” box on lower right.
· If you have done everything correctly, you will be brought to a confirmation page, and you will receive an email with important information about the service.
· You do NOT need to print off your tickets; ushers will have a complete list of reservations and will seat you after screening.
If you have any difficulties with this reservation system, you may call the office during regular office hours next week to reserve seats over the phone.
THOSE CHOOSING TO WORSHIP FROM HOME can still do so through livestream at www.knoxwaterloo.ca, or by listening in on CKWR 98.5FM radio.
March 16, 2020
To the Knox Waterloo community:
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Knox Church has decided that until further notice, the Knox congregation will worship exclusively via live-streaming and radio. Services will continue to be held at 10AM Sunday mornings. Tune in to CKWR-FM 98.5 or stream on-line at knoxwaterloo.ca.
Also, please be advised that all church programs and rental programs are cancelled until further notice.
These are challenging days. We may be isolated and have to practice social distancing, but that doesn’t mean we need to be disconnected from one another. In the Spirit of Christ, let’s find creative ways to keep in touch, to share compassion and concern, to embody the love that Jesus shares with us all.
And please continue to pray for our international, national and local leaders (including church leaders) who are attempting to guide us wisely and sensitively.