Preparation for Worship
“This is what God’s kingdom is like: a bunch of outcasts and oddballs gathered at a table, not because they are rich or worthy or good, but because they are hungry, because they said yes. And there’s always room for more.”
Rachel Held Evans, Searching for Sunday: Loving, Leaving, and Finding the Church
Entry of the Bible
Call to Worship
One: With our voices,
All: we offer to God our songs and prayers.
One: With our hearts,
All: we offer to God our love and care.
One: With our minds,
All: we offer to God our thoughts and attention.
One: With our hands,
All: we offer to God our gifts and our work.
One: With our whole selves,
All: we offer to God our lives.
Hymn 262 “Come to us, beloved Stranger”
Gathering Prayer and Lord’s Prayer
Peace Invocation: “May the Peace of Christ be with you”
Assurance of God’s Grace
Passing the Peace
(We share a sign of Peace with one another.)
Fun With the Young at Heart “Enough for all”
Sunday School this week: Matthew 4:12-23 “To Whom Do We Belong”
Next week: Matthew 5:1-12 “Blessed Be”
Life and Ministry of Knox Waterloo
Presentation of our offering:
Offertory: “Jubilate, Sing to God”
Music: Dave and Jean Perry
Sung by Knox Chancel Choir
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
For the life that you have given,
For the love in Christ made known,
With these fruits of time and labour,
With these gifts that are your own:
Here we offer, Lord, our praises;
Heart and mind and strength we bring;
Give us grace to love and serve you,
Living what we pray and sing.
Prayer of Dedication
Scripture: John 6:5-14
Sermon: “C, Start, Send” – John Neufeld
Musical Reflection: “Draw the circle wide”
Prayers of Thanksgiving and Hope
Hymn 592 “I, the Lord of sea and sky”
Choral Closing “Walk with me”
Walk with me, I will walk with you;
And build the land that God has planned
Where love shines through.
Copyright 1988 Estate of John S. Rice OneLicense.net #A713805
Welcome Desk: Eleanor Larter
Greeters: Bob & Lois Reichard
Ushers: John & Ann Fairles, Andrew Rozomiak, Kathy Hall, John Del Chiaro, Barb MacAskill
Radio/Sound: Ash Milne
Broadcast: Grant Birks
Multimedia: Andrew Church
Giving Table: Eric Beard
Hospital Visitor: Sharon Feldmann
Refreshments: Pat & Harold Ball
Sunday Attendant: Tristan De Oliveira
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Tithe.ly, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.
Knox Waterloo Presbyterian Church statement of Inclusion:
God’s Love Includes Everyone. As an inclusive, affirming congregation, we honour the diversity of God’s creation. Our community is richer when we include people of all ages, gender identities, racial and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, economic circumstances and family configurations. We seek to provide a safe space so that each person can bring every aspect of their whole self into participation within this congregation. We invite all to join into the life, leadership, witness and ministry of Knox Waterloo.