Preparation for Worship
“For some reason, there was something painful for me about the idea of being loved completely apart from what I do or do not do. It’s perhaps all we really want in life, and yet the prospect of it, stung. I’m not even sure why. Maybe because it only highlighted how much being loved apart from what we do or don’t do is so rarely something we ever encounter.”
“Can anyone withhold the water for baptizing these people who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?”
Peter in Acts 10:47
Entry of the Bible
Call to Worship (From Desmond Tutu)
One: Goodness is stronger than evil.
All: Love is stronger than hate.
One: Light is stronger than darkness.
All: Life is stronger than death;
One: Victory is ours through Jesus who loves us.
Hymn 174 (verses 1-3) “Worship the Lord”
Gathering Prayer and Lord’s Prayer
Peace Invocation: “Shalom”
Passing the Peace
(We share a sign of Peace with one another.)
Musical Reflection: “Anne’s Theme”
Hagood Hardy, arr. Dan Coates, Soloist: Sophie Kim
Life and Ministry of Knox Waterloo
Time with the Children
Sunday School this week: Matthew 3:13-17 “Voice of God”
Next week: John 1:29-42 “The Holy Ordinary”
Acts 10:15-18, 24-28, 34-36, 44-47
Presentation of our offering:
Offertory: “Make me a channel of your peace”
arr. Mark Hayes, Soloist: Jakob Villeneuve
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
Prayer of Dedication (unison on screen)
Sermon: “Come From Away! Hospitality”
Prayers of Thanksgiving and Hope
Hymn 675 “Precious Lord, take my hand”
Choral Closing “Walk with me”
Walk with me, I will walk with you;
And build the land that God has planned
Where love shines through.
Welcome Desk: Gloria Roberts & Nancy Holland
Greeters: Matthew Robbins & Farid Samara
Ushers: Andrew Rozomiak, Kathy Hall, John Del Chiaro, Lucas Britto, Edi & Bill Stevens
Radio/Sound: Joe Gordone
Broadcast: Charlene Janes
Giving Table: Charlene Janes
Hospital Visitor: Sharon Feldmann
Sunday Attendant: Willi Ilgauds
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Tithe.ly, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.
Knox Waterloo Presbyterian Church statement of Inclusion:
God’s Love Includes Everyone. As an inclusive, affirming congregation, we honour the diversity of God’s creation. Our community is richer when we include people of all ages, gender identities, racial and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, economic circumstances and family configurations. We seek to provide a safe space so that each person can bring every aspect of their whole self into participation within this congregation. We invite all to join into the life, leadership, witness and ministry of Knox Waterloo.