Entry of the Bible
Call to Worship
In the beginning, God began to create:
light, land, colour, life.
In the new beginning that is this day, God creates still:
Hope, Peace, Joy, Love.
We co-create with God,
Making something new!
Hymn 410 “Joyful, joyful we adore you”
Gathering Prayer and Lord’s Prayer
Peace Invocation: “Shalom”
May the peace of the Lord be with you
At home and in your heart
Shalom with you abide,
through the day and night
Every day of your life.
Passing the Peace
(We share a sign of Peace with one another.)
Life and Ministry of Knox Waterloo
Fun with the Young at Heart
Today in Sunday school: Matthew 2:1-12 “Journeying with the Magi”
Next week: Matthew 3:13-17 “Voice of God”
Scripture: John 1:1-18
Presentation of our offering:
Anthem: Star of Wonder
Soloist: Mary-Catherine Pazzano
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
For the life that you have given,
For the love in Christ made known,
With these fruits of time and labour,
With these gifts that are your own:
Here we offer, Lord, our praises;
Heart and mind and strength we bring;
Give us grace to love and serve you,
Living what we pray and sing.
Prayer of Dedication
Sermon: “Something New”
Anthem: Christmas Lullaby
Soloist: Mary-Catherine Pazzano
Prayers of Thanksgiving and Hope
Hymn 153 “Joy to the world”
Choral Closing “Walk with me”
Walk with me, I will walk with you;
And build the land that God has planned
Where love shines through.
Copyright 1988 Estate of John S. Rice OneLicense.net #A713805
Welcome Desk: Gloria Roberts & Nancy Matthews
Greeters: Agnes & Richard Steffy
Ushers: Bovas Abraham, Gordon Coyne, Ruth & Dick Heeg, Judy & Ron Charie
Radio/Sound: Jamie McManus
Broadcast: Ben Breen
Multimedia: David Matthews
Giving Table: Charlene Janes
Hospital Visitor: Sharon Feldmann
Sunday Attendant: Willi Ilgauds
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Tithe.ly, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.
Knox Waterloo Presbyterian Church statement of Inclusion:
God’s Love Includes Everyone. As an inclusive, affirming congregation, we honour the diversity of God’s creation. Our community is richer when we include people of all ages, gender identities, racial and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, economic circumstances and family configurations. We seek to provide a safe space so that each person can bring every aspect of their whole self into participation within this congregation. We invite all to join into the life, leadership, witness and ministry of Knox Waterloo.