Prelude Hark! the herald angels sing – Full House Brass
Call to Worship
Leader: God invites us in this Christmas season to become new,
All: to make room for the birth of Christ within us.
Leader: Where we are busy—
Leader: Where we are lost—
Leader: Where we are sad—
Leader: Where we are bitter—
Leader: Let this hour be a time of hope for all these gifts of God.
Hymn # 141 “Good Christians, all rejoice”
Lighting the Candle of Love (See insert or screen)
lit by Hannah McLean & Amelia Rozomiak lead
Hymn # 119 “Hope is a star”
The Passing of the Peace
Welcome & Announcements
Fun with the Young at Heart
Mary had a baby (á la Bruce Cockburn) Natalie Lacoste, violin
The Mystery of Life
Genesis 1:1-5, 1:26-2:7 Gabrielle Feldmann
Hymn #111 Creator of the stars of night vss. 1-3
The Mystery of Hope
Isaiah 9:2,6-7 Melanie McArdle
Hymn #122 Oh come, oh come, Emmanuel vss. 1,3,5
The Mystery of Call
Luke 1:26-33,38 Nick Lacoste
Hymn #156 The angel Gabriel vss. 1,2
The Mystery of a Dream
Matthew 1:18-24 Matt Fazzari
Hymn #114 Emmanuel, Emmanuel
The Mystery of Birth
Luke 2:1-7 Callie Dougall
Hymn #149 Away in a manger vss. 1,3
The Mystery of Joy
Luke 2:8-14 Ayshia Bailie
Hymn #139 Hark! the herald angels sing vss. 1,2
The Mystery of Encounter
Luke 2:15-20 Sarah Tippin
Hymn #152 Still, still, still vss. 1,2
The Mystery of Generosity
Matthew 2:1-12 Jotham Sennema
Presentation of Our Offering:
Offertory: Silent night – Full House Brass
The Mystery of Incarnation
John 1:1-5,10-12,14 Mikayla Clermont
Hymn #153 Joy to the world
Postlude Oh come, all ye faithful – The Full House Brass
The Mystery of Proclamation – Go out into the world in Peace!
Welcome Desk: Femmy Birks & Gloria Roberts
Greeter: Sue & Bruce Dickieson
Ushers: Gordon Coyne, Dick Steffy, Judy & Ron Charie, Andrew Rozomiak, John Fairles
Radio/Sound: Mark Culp
Broadcast: Ben Breen
Multimedia: David Matthews
Giving Table: Heather Cawsey
Hospital Visitor: Ellen Yessis
Sunday Attendant: Tristan De Oliveira
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Tithe.ly, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.
Knox Waterloo Presbyterian Church statement of Inclusion:
God’s Love Includes Everyone. As an inclusive, affirming congregation, we honour the diversity of God’s creation. Our community is richer when we include people of all ages, gender identities, racial and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, economic circumstances and family configurations. We seek to provide a safe space so that each person can bring every aspect of their whole self into participation within this congregation. We invite all to join into the life, leadership, witness and ministry of Knox Waterloo.