Call to Worship
Hymn 137 (verses 1, 3, 4) “Born in the night”
Welcome and Announcements
Lighting the Candle of Joy (See insert or screen)
Grades 1-3 LOGOS lead us in lighting the candle
Hymn 119 (verses 1-3) “Hope is a star”
The Passing of the Peace
Presentation of Our Offering: (Note: The offering is not brought to the front today)
Offertory: “Some Children See Him”
words and music Alfred Burt
soloist: Jake Villeneuve
Joy! A Gospel Christmas Celebration
Composed and Arranged by Joel Raney
A Song in the Air
Jesus, What a Wonderful Child
Come, All Ye Faithful
Tell it on the Mountain
Our thanks to all who made this cantata possible:
The Knox Chancel Christmas Choir
Director Terry English, and…
Guitar: Jotham Sennema
Bass: Daniel Corrigan
Drums: John Goddard
Percussion: Karen Tomlin
String Synth: Sophie Kim
Synth 1: John McLelland
Piano: Bowen You
Soloists: Jake Villeneuve and Mary Catherine Pazzano
Sound: Eric Gaudet and Mark Culp
Multimedia: Kathleen Forde
Music expresses our joy and faith better than words. Today we celebrate the coming of the Christ child to us.
This is a season of generosity. Knox Waterloo relies on your Christmas generosity each year to receive 20% of our givings. If you can, please give a Christmas donation to Knox Church. This will be well used and touch many lives.
The poinsettias in the atrium
are placed to the Glory of God
with love from
Duncan Robertson and family.
Welcome Desk: Nancy Holland & Nancy Kennedy
Greeter: Mark Harper
Ushers: Judy & John McBride, Wendy Garner, Lucas Britto, Dave Dougall, Bob Reichard
Radio/Sound: Eric Gaudet
Broadcast: Grant Birks
Multimedia: Kathleen Forde
Giving Table: Marg Johnston
Hospital Visitor: Ellen Yessis
Refreshments: Susan & Stuart McTavish
Sunday Attendant: Tristan De Oliveira
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Tithe.ly, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.
Knox Waterloo Presbyterian Church statement of Inclusion:
God’s Love Includes Everyone. As an inclusive, affirming congregation, we honour the diversity of God’s creation. Our community is richer when we include people of all ages, gender identities, racial and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, economic circumstances and family configurations. We seek to provide a safe space so that each person can bring every aspect of their whole self into participation within this congregation. We invite all to join into the life, leadership, witness and ministry of Knox Waterloo.