Wisdom for Thought:
“When I despair, I remember that all through history, the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it–always.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
“The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing… not healing, not curing… that is a friend who cares.”
― Henri Nouwen
Entry of the Bible
Call to Worship:
God was present at the moment of creation:
bringing light, birthing life, calling it all good.
God is present, here today:
nurturing, forgiving, guiding.
God will be present at the end of time:
making all things new! Amen!
Hymn 321 “Praise to the Lord, the Almighty”
Peace Invocation: “Shalom”
Passing the Peace
(We share a sign of Peace with one another.)
Life & Ministry of Knox Church
Time with the Children
Song: “My Voice Alone”
Words and music by Brian Moyer Suderman
Witnessing Steward: Deb Schlichter, Amy Wolf
Presentation of our offering:
Offertory: “His Eye Is on the Sparrow”
Music by Charles H. Gabriel
Words by Civilla D. Martin
Arr. Jack Schrader
Soloist: Corey Cotter-Linforth
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
For the life that you have given,
For the love in Christ made known,
With these fruits of time and labour,
With these gifts that are your own:
Here we offer, Lord, our praises;
Heart and mind and strength we bring;
Give us grace to love and serve you,
Living what we pray and sing.
Prayer of Dedication (unison on screen)
Sermon: “Look up!”
Lord’s Prayer (sung)
“The Lord’s Prayer”
Music by Albert Malotte
Soloist: Corey Cotter-Linforth
Prayers of Thanksgiving and Hope
Hymn #792 “Let us hope when hope seems hopeless”
Choral Closing “Walk with me”
Walk with me,
I will walk with you;
And build the land that God has planned
Copyright 1988 Estate of John S. Rice OneLicense.net #A713805
Welcome Desk: Nancy Matthews & Femmy Birks
Greeters: Glenda & Andrew Rozomiak
Ushers: Barb & Brad Tucker, Gayle & Ken Kritzer, Sandi & Tom McBride
Radio/Sound: Ash Milne
Broadcast: Stephen Kauk
Multimedia: Andrew Church
Giving Table: Dave Dougall
Hospital Visitor: Beth Thorsen
Refreshments: Pat & Harold Ball
Sunday Attendant: Tristan De Oliveira
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Tithe.ly, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.
Knox Waterloo Presbyterian Church statement of Inclusion:
God’s Love Includes Everyone. As an inclusive, affirming congregation, we honour the diversity of God’s creation. Our community is richer when we include people of all ages, gender identities, racial and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, economic circumstances and family configurations. We seek to provide a safe space so that each person can bring every aspect of their whole self into participation within this congregation. We invite all to join into the life, leadership, witness and ministry of Knox Waterloo.