- Seats are still available for this Sunday’s service, September 20. Reserve a seat at www.ticketor.com/knoxwaterloo. If you have any difficulties with the reservation system, you may call the office during regular office hours to reserve seats over the phone.
- Matthew presents us with another of his challenging parables, 20:1-16.
- Glenda Ribey will be assisting in worship. Music will be led by MC Pazzano.
Ashfield Retirement Celebration: Sunday, September 27, 10 am – 12 noon
- Join in Brooke’s and Linda’s retirement celebration with special guests, music, stories and fun. Worship service from 10 to 11 am, will be followed by an extended event from 11 to noon.
- Expressions of gratitude, including contributions towards a gift from the congregation, can be made to the church office in person, by mail, by phone (519) 886-4150, or e-transfer to email@example.com, indicating “Gift for Ashfields.” Please share by September 26.
- You can also share your photos and stories on the online Kudoboard greeting card at https://www.kudoboard.com/boards/ZQ0bLayg. For instructions on how to add your post to the Kudoboard, click on this link with instructions by Knox’s Sean Jackson. Please post by September 26.
- Join by livestream www.knoxwaterloo.ca, or if you wish to attend in person, register for limited seating, on or after September 20, at http://www.ticketor.com/knoxwaterloo, or by calling the office.
Food For Thought – Fall Term
If you’re university-age (a student, working, or in-between) FFT is for you! We begin with a physically distanced, in-person, Bring-Your-Own-Lunch social this Sunday, September 20th. Contact Nancy Matthews firstname.lastname@example.org for full details. Starting Sept. 27th, we’ll meet online on Sundays at 6:30 pm for a time of study and intercessory prayer.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the survey that was sent out to assist in Sunday School planning. The results showed that the majority of parents, children and youth would use both Zoom and emailed lessons to help in their faith formation, so Knox will continue to offer both. Sunday School will officially begin this Sunday, September 20th, with emailed lessons and the commencement of biweekly 11:30AM Zoom gatherings for Jr. High and Sr. High. Participants will receive a Zoom link from their Sunday School teacher with more details. For Gr. 3-6, Carole will also offer a Zoom next week, time to be determined. Look for a link in your email. The “Little Zoomers” (as Carole calls them) will continue this week at 9:15am as usual (these are children in preschool up to Gr. 2 who are able to participate in a short Zoom class with Christine).
Response to Urgent Need in Lebanon
We received $4,255 in response to the urgent need of people affected by the terrible disaster in Beirut, Lebanon. All the funds have been forward to PWS&D.
Congregational Care & Prayer
- Pray for Carole and our Church School program as we seek to keep faith formation a priority in the lives of our children and youth.
- Pray for peace and discernment for students, parents, teachers, administrators, and other school employees facing the challenges and fears of back-to-school.