Original Church Building: Locally, our roots go back to 1888 when a small group of interested people felt it would be a good idea to form a Distinct Congregation in Waterloo. Until this time, Presbyterians, living in Waterloo attended St. Andrew’s Church in Kitchener(Berlin). The property was selected on George Street in Waterloo. The new church was erected and the Cornerstone laid in June of 1888. It was to be named St. Paul’s Presbyterian Church. The first minister called to the pulpit was the Reverend A.E. Mitchell. The membership continued to grow and flourish.
Second Church Building: It wasn’t until after the Church Union Movement in 1925, when the Presbyterians wanted to remain a separate denomination, that Knox Presbyterian Church was formed. Property was purchased, the church was erected and the cornerstone for the new church was laid in June of 1927. The first Minister of the newly formed church was the Reverend W.G. Richardson. In 1939 the first pipe organ was installed.
Fourth Church Building: In 2011, a new church building was erected on the former parking lot. The current parking lot is the former foundation of the previous building.
- God is sovereign in our life and world
- As disciples we are called to make Jesus our model for our lives
- The Bible is our rule and guide for faith and love.
- As members of the Church we are to grow in spirit and love, in community, in service and to care for others.