Order of Service
Welcome to this time of worship. May God lead you to places of rest and renewal; may Christ accompany you on the journey; and may the Holy Spirit fill your hearts with joy and generosity.
Entry of the Written Word
Call to Worship:
One: Let us worship God in the name of Jesus the Christ, the good shepherd,
All: who offers us abundant life.
One: Let us worship God in the name of the one who leads us by still waters,
All: and restores our souls.
One: Let us worship God in the name of the one who prepares a banquet for us,
All: and fills our cups to overflowing.
Hymn 555 verses 1, 3 &5 “Worship the Lord”
Peace Invocation “Shalom”
Passing the Peace
(We share a sign of Peace with one another.)
Hymn of the Month 296 “The clay-stained hands of love”
(sung by choir, congregation is invited to join)
Welcome and Announcements
- Jazz Night Concert
Commissioning for International Mission Program
- Allie Piatkowski with Amity & PCC to China
Hymn 563 “Let us talents and tongues employ”
Children’s Time “Sharing Bread”
Today in Sunday school: Acts 2:42-47 – “Glad and Generous Hearts”
Next week: Acts 7:55-60 – “Stand Firm”
Reading of Scripture: John 21: 1-14
Presentation of Offering:
Donations may be offered through debit, phone, or credit cards, at the Giving Table 20 minutes before worship or 30 minutes following worship
Offertory anthem “Spirit Wind Among Us”
Words: Charlotte Lee; Music: Douglas E Wagner
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
Prayer of Dedication
Commissioning Leadership Team for “Brightening our Future” Campaign
Reading of Scripture: Acts 2:42-47
Sermon “We know him in the breaking of bread”
Invitation to Communion
Communion Hymn 546 “Here is bread: here is wine”
Prayer of Thanksgiving and Lord’s Prayer
Passing the bread and cup
(Please partake of the elements when they come to you. Gluten free bread is wrapped.)
Anthem “Shout for joy! The Lord has let us feast”
Hymn 574 verses 1-3 “With the Lord as my guide”
Choral Closing “Walk with me”
Walk with me, I will walk with you;
And build the land that God has planned
Where love shines through.
Copyright 1988 Estate of John S. Rice OneLicense.net #A713805
Welcome Desk: Gloria Roberts
Greeter: Sharon Feldmann
Ushers: Edi & bill Stevens, Susan & Stuart McTavish, John Del Chiaro, Bovas Abraham
Radio/Sound: Stephen Todd
Broadcast: Kathleen Forde
Multimedia: Andrew Church
Giving Table: Margaret Johnston
Hospital Visitor: Wendy Garner
Nursery Care: Julie Smith, Stephanie Prysnuk
Refreshments: Cheryl Meyer, Linnea Walter
Sunday Attendant: Ellen McIntosh
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.