- Seats are still available for this Sunday’s service, September 6. Reserve a seat at this site: www.ticketor.com/knoxwaterloo Reservations can now be made for the September 13th service as well. If you have any difficulties with the reservation system, you may call the office during regular office hours to reserve seats over the phone.
- It is NOT necessary to print off an bring along your tickets; after screening, ushers will have a complete list of seating and will show you to your seats when you arrive.
- Did you know…? The seating reservation program will automatically block three seats on either side of your reserved seat(s), so no one will be able to be seated beside you.
- Those choosing to worship at home can do so through livestream at www.knoxwaterloo.ca, or by listening in on CKWR 98.5FM radio.
- The text this week is Matthew 18:15-20, an interesting passage on conflict and reconciliation. The Rev. Andrew Song will be assisting in worship. Music will be led by Jessy Ernewein and Jakob Villeneuve. We will also be celebrating (virtually!) the sacrament of baptism.
PWS&D Ride for Refuge
Presbyterian World Service & Development is inviting us to join them in the Ride for Refuge on Saturday, October 3rd. This year funds are being raised for food security programs around the world. The need is great as families’ livelihoods have been disrupted due to COVID-19. Typically, we walk or cycle; however, this year, because of the pandemic, there are other options such as cooking, dancing reading or drawing – or whatever else you can come up with. For more information, you can check the PWS&D website: (https://presbyterian.ca/pwsd/rideforrefuge/)) or contact Grant or Femmy Birks (519-885-0530) We hope to have a number of people from Knox participating in Team PWS&D.
Student Contact Program
If you have a student in your family who will be attending university or college this September please let the church office know (519-886-4150) or contact Femmy Birks (email@example.com). We like to have this information so that we can include your student in our student contact program. Also, we are looking for one or two adults who would like to join our little team of note-writers.
Ashfield Retirement Celebration
A friendly reminder to mark September 27 on your calendars, the date of the Ashfield retirement celebration. It will begin with worship and will continue with a program following worship. You won’t want to miss it!
Knox has received a box of Presbyterian hymnals. If you would like to have a hymnal of your own, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can arrange pick-up or delivery.
Copies of the daily devotional Our Daily Bread can be found in the church mailbox at the main doors if you would like to pick up a copy.