“Servants don’t know what their master is doing, and so I don’t speak to you as my servants. I speak to you as my friends, and I have told you everything that my Father has told me.” John 15:15 (CEV)
By God’s grace, Jesus Christ does not call us his servants, he calls us his friends! What better reason could we have to bring an offering of gratitude? The giving emphasis “I Have Called You Friends” springs from an understanding of the offering as a time to respond to God’s grace. The offering is to be celebrated with joy. It becomes the expression of a Christ-centered community that is Christ-like in its compassion and that intends to be led by Christ in courageous witness to the world.The Knox Stewardship Committee offers the following resources to help build our understanding of what it means to celebrate our offering with joy.
- We give to Knox and Knox gives back so much to us. This Narrative Budget view tells the story of Knox mission and ministry priorities.
- Stories of Stewardship: A story of stewardship. Jean Shantz, a long-time member and elder at Knox Church, shares the story of her faith journey and stewardship.”
- The Seven Secrets of Amazing Stewardship!
- PACK (Pre-Authorized Contributions to Knox): An easy and mutually beneficial way to donate to Knox.
- Donating Securities (Stocks) to Knox
- How much to give?