Whoever you are,
– wherever you are on your
journey of life and faith,
– you are welcome here.
“But in all my experience, I have never been in any accident…of any sort worth speaking about. I have seen but one vessel in distress in all my years at sea. I never saw a wreck and have never been wrecked nor was I ever in any predicament that threatened to end in disaster of any sort.” – E. M. Smith, 1907 (Captain RMS Titanic)
“Among the first questions a native mother asks her child in the morning is: what did you dream? When I heard this for the first time, I felt ashamed because I used to ask my children only: Did you do your mathematics homework? Do you have your lunch?’ – Dorothee Soelle, in The Silent Cry
Entry of the Written Word
Call to Worship (on screen)
Hymn 299 (verses 1-3) “Holy, holy, holy”
Opening Prayerand Lord’s Prayer
Peace Invocation: “May the peace of Christ be with you”
Passing the Peace (We share a sign of Peace)
Intro music: “Where two or three are gathered” – Chancel choir
Words and music: Bruce Harding,
Welcome, Acknowledgements and Announcements
Minute person: Terry English
Hymn 410“Joyful, joyful we adore you”
Today in Sunday school: Luke 5:1-11“Out into the Deep”
Next week: Luke 6:17-26 “Wilderness and Water”
First Reading: Isaiah 6:1-8
Gospel: Luke 5:1-11
Our Offering in love and service
Offertory: “By God’s Hand” – Sung by Chancel Choir
Words: John Parker
Music: Joel Raney
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
Prayer of Dedication (unison on screen)
Sermon: “Betting on Hope”
Prayer for Hope
Closing Hymn 592“I, the Lord of sea and sky”
Choral Closing “Walk with me”
Welcome Desk: Nancy Matthews & Jane Ashby
Greeter: Rob Broberg
Ushers: Sue & Bruce Dickieson, Duncan McLean, Lynelle Purdy, Lucas Britto, Cheryl Elliot Fraser
Radio/Sound: Jamie McManus
Broadcast: Stephen Kauk
Multimedia: Jeffrey Baer
Giving Table: David Matthews
Hospital Visitor: Kathy Kiggins
Refreshments: Barb & George MacAskill
Sunday Attendant: Ellen McIntosh
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.
Knox Waterloo Presbyterian Church statement of Inclusion:
God’s Love Includes Everyone. As an inclusive, affirming congregation, we honour the diversity of God’s creation. Our community is richer when we include people of all ages, gender identities, racial and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, economic circumstances and family configurations. We seek to provide a safe space so that each person can bring every aspect of their whole self into participation within this congregation. We invite all to join into the life, leadership, witness and ministry of Knox Waterloo.