Welcome to worship. We celebrate worshipping God together. We sing, we pray, we encounter stories of grace from the bible. We support one another and make a difference in our world. Welcome.
“Hope has to come up out of you. . . . To find something worth hoping for is a very good place to start. There are things worth hoping for; there are good people; this is still a very beautiful world.”
Entry of the Written Word
Call to Worship (on screen)
Opening Hymn 140 “In Bethlehem a new born boy”
(tune: hymn 642 O Master, let me walk with thee)
Opening Prayer and Lord’s Prayer
Peace Invocation: “May the peace of Christ be with you” (on screen)
Passing the Peace
(We share a sign of Peace with one another.)
Welcome, Acknowledgements and Announcements
Hymn 639 (verses 1 & 2)” “We are marching”
Today in Sunday school: Luke 3:15-17, 21-22 “Precious In My Eyes”
Next week: John 2:1-11 “Revealing God’s Glory”
First Reading: Isaiah 63:7-9, and Hebrews 1:1-2
Gospel: Matthew 2:13-23
Our Offering in love and service
Offertory: “Holy, Holy, Holy” – Knox Chancel Choir
Alan Smith and Reginald Heber
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
Prayer of Dedication (unison on screen)
Sermon: “Gospel of Migration”
Prayer for Hope
Closing Hymn 332 “How great thou art”
Choral Closing “Walk with me”
“Sharp as thin ice
The clear cries of the children pierce the sky…”
Louise Penny 2018
Welcome Desk: Gloria Roberts & Anna Abraham
Greeter: Gordon Coyne
Ushers: Lucas Britto, Cheryl Elliot Fraser, Ruth & Dick Heeg, Andrew Rozomiak, John Del Chiaro
Radio/Sound: Mark Culp
Broadcast: Kathleen Forde
Multimedia: Andrew Church
Giving Table: Heather Cawsey
Hospital Visitor: Sharon Feldman
Refreshments: Pat & Harold Ball
Sunday Attendant: Ellen McIntosh
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.
Knox Waterloo Presbyterian Church statement of Inclusion:
God’s Love Includes Everyone. As an inclusive, affirming congregation, we honour the diversity of God’s creation. Our community is richer when we include people of all ages, gender identities, racial and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, economic circumstances and family configurations. We seek to provide a safe space so that each person can bring every aspect of their whole self into participation within this congregation. We invite all to join into the life, leadership, witness and ministry of Knox Waterloo.