“Advent. Once a year the chance to wait with a purpose. Makes a change.”
Entry of the Bible
Call to Worship:
One: Advent is a season of waiting.
All: We wait with our fears, our anxieties and frustrations, our pains and regrets.
One: Sometimes we wait with impatience.
All: We rush around getting ready for Christmas forgetting to take the time to prepare our hearts.
One: We wait in excitement and thanksgiving.
All: We have others around us to share the Advent journey as we wonder at the marvel of your gift.
One: We wait with hope for the coming of the one we call Emmanuel – God with us.
Hymn 122 verses 1, 3, 6 & 7 “Oh come, oh come Emmanuel”
Lighting the Advent Candle – The Candle of Hope
LOGOS Grades 1-3 Worship Arts – Gil Almeida & Noah Emrich
Hymn #119 verse 1“Hope is a star”
Words of Assurance
Peace Invocation “Shalom”
Passing the Peace
Introit “Christmas Offering” by Paul Baloche
Senior High LOGOS Worship Arts
Welcome, Acknowledgements and Announcements
Alternative Gifts for Christmas
Hymn 109 “All earth is waiting”
Time with the Children
Today in Sunday school: Jeremiah 33:14-16 “The Promised Time is at Hand”
Next week: Luke 3:1-6 “Preparing the Way”
Luke 1:5-9; 11-13; 21-22; 26-33
Presentation of Offering:
Offertory: “Like a Shepherd” – Chancel Choir
words and music Bob Dufford
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
Prayer of Dedication (unison)
Sermon: “Waiting and Wondering”
Invitation to Communion
Hymn 124 “People in darkness”
Prayer of Thanksgiving and Lord’s Prayer
Sharing the Bread and Cup
Please partake of the elements when they come to you. Gluten free bread is wrapped.
Communion Anthem: “Hungry I Come” – Chancel Choir
– words and music Craig Currey
Hymn 795 verses 1 & 3 “Christ is coming”
Benediction and Choral Closing “Walk with me”
Welcome Desk: Gloria Roberts & Femmy Birks
Greeter: Margaret Johnston
Ushers: Judy & John McBride, Wendy Garner, Andrew Rozomiak, Anne & John Fairles
Radio/Sound: Stephen Todd
Broadcast: Kathleen Forde
Multimedia: Andrew Church
Giving Table: Jennifer Yessis
Hospital Visitor: Ellen Yessis
Refreshments: Ruth-Ann & Willi Ilgauds
Sunday Attendant: Ellen McIntosh
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.