At harvest we thank God for all good gifts of food and weather, especially plants which mature in autumn and nourish us all year. Nature matures in autumn even without human help. But with human cooperation, nature glorifies God through cultivated fields, including grain and grapes which make bread and wine. Today on this Thanksgiving Sunday we gather around the table of the Lord to break bread and to drink juice and to remember that all earth’s creatures are a family created to praise and glorify God. .
Entry of the Bible
Call to Worship:
One: God above us – trees, birds and sunshine, stars and moonlight.
All: God above us.
One: God beneath us – earth, rocks and rivers, roots and caverns
All: God beneath us.
One: God around us – seas, winds and cities, animals and people.
All: God around us.
One: God within us – hope, tears and laughter, love and wonder.
All: God within us.
One: God above us, God beneath us, God around us, God within us.
All: We thank you that you made us, you love us and you call us to work and rest with you.
One: Come, let us worship and give God praise!
Hymn 803 verses 1,2,4 “Come, ye thankful people, come”
Opening Prayer and Words of Assurance
Peace Invocation: “Shalom”
Passing the Peace
Introit: “God Be In My Head” – Grayson Brown
Sung by Chancel Choir
Welcome & Announcements
Christmas Bazaar, Cornelia Gerrard
Hymn 338 “Let all things now living”
Today in Sunday school: Matthew 6:25-33 “How do we know God is with us?” Thanksgiving!
Next week: Mark 10:17-31 “Tough Choices”
Readings from the Bible:
Old Testament Prophet – Joel 2:21-27
Responsive Psalm 67 Sung Refrain I
Gospel – Matthew 6:25-33
Presentation of Offering:
Offertory: “Hungry I Come” – Craig Currey
Sung by Chancel Choir
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
Prayer of Dedication
Meditation on the Word “Worldwide Harvest”
Invitation to Communion:
One: The banqueting table is prepared and God calls us to feast.
All: We have come from east and west, from northand south, to sit at Christ’s table.
One: Compassion, love and grace pour out like fine wine.
All: We have come to taste and see that the Lord is good!
Communion Hymn 546 “Here is bread: Here is wine”
The Apostles’ Creed (539 in the Hymn Book)
Prayer of Thanksgiving and Lord’s Prayer
Distribution of the Bread and Cup
Please partake of the bread and cup when you receive it. Gluten free bread is wrapped.
Communion Anthem “Ave Verum” – Mozart
Sung by: Jake Villeneuve
Hymn 457 “Now thank we all our God”
Benediction and Choral Closing “Walk with me”
Welcome Desk: Nancy Matthews, Gloria Roberts
Greeter: Sharon Feldmann
Ushers: Anne & John Fairles, John Del Chiaro, Dave Dougall, Susan & Stuart McTavish
Radio/Sound: Jackson Del Chiaro
Broadcast: Stephen Kauk
Multimedia: Emily Kozlowski
Giving Table: Gordon Coyne
Hospital Visitor: Sharon Feldmann
Refreshments: Pat & Harold Ball
Sunday Attendant: Ellen McIntosh
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.