Welcome to worship. We celebrate that we worship God together. We sing, we pray, we encounter stories of grace from the bible. We support one another and make a difference in our world.
Entry of the Written Word
Call to Worship (on screen)
Opening Song: “Come Now is the Time to Worship”
Opening prayer and Lord’s Prayer (sung arr. T. English)
Peace Invocation: “Shalom”
May the peace of The Lord be with you,
At home and in your heart
Shalom with you abide
Through the day and night
Every day of your life.
Passing the Peace
(We share a sign of Peace with one another.)
Welcome, Acknowledgements and Announcements
Hymn 674 “In the bulb there is a flower” (on screen)
Today in Sunday school: Esther 7:1-6, 9-10,: 9:20-22 “Who are the people of God?”
Next week: Matthew 6:25-33 Thanksgiving!
J.K.-Grade 2 Room 202
Grade 3&4 Room 203
Grade 5&6 Room 204
Senior High Room 205
Junior High Lounge
Toddler/Nursery Room 106/107
First Reading: Esther 3:13, 4:1-2, 9-17, 7:1-6, 9:20-22
Hymn of the month 300 “Father We Love You”
Gospel: Mark 9:42-50
Offertory: “Thankful” – Praise Band
Laura Sones, Mathieu Gaudet, Samantha Gerrard, Trish Willis
© Original song written by Knox youth at 2018 Praise Band Camp
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
Prayer of Dedication (unison)
Sermon: “For Such a Time as This!”
Prayer for Hope
Closing Hymn “You Are Holy” (Prince of Peace)
Choral Closing “Walk with me”
Walk with me, I will walk with you;
And build the land that God has planned
Where love shines through.
Copyright 1988 Estate of John S. Rice OneLicense.net #A713805
Today’s radio broadcast and live streaming is sponsored by Anne Arajs and Carol Larsen in celebration of their mom’s 98th Birthday. Congratulations and Happy Birthday to Ruth Larsen!
Welcome Desk: Eleanor Larter, Anna Abraham
Greeter: Marg Johnston
Ushers: Anne & John Fairles, John Del Chiaro, Dave Dougall, Barb Prysnuk, Lucas Britto
Radio/Sound: Eric Gaudet
Broadcast: Barb Gaudet
Multimedia: Jeffrey Baer
Giving Table: Lawrie Carter
Hospital Visitor: Gordon Coyne
Refreshments: Ruth Ann & Willi Ilgauds
Sunday Attendant: Ellen McIntosh
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.