Welcome to worship. Together we seek to honour God in our worship. We sing, we pray, we encounter stories of grace from the bible. We support one another and make a difference in our world.
Entry of the Written Word
Call to Worship
One: This is the day that the Lord has made!
All: Let us rejoice and be glad in it!
Hymn 814 “Morning has broken”
Opening prayer and Lord’s Prayer
Peace Invocation: “Shalom”
May the peace of The Lord be with you,
At home and in your heart
Shalom with you abide
Through the day and night
Every day of your life.
Passing the Peace
(We share a sign of Peace with one another.)
Introit: “Many and Great, O God, are your works” (a Dakota Medley) – Knox Chancel Choir
Welcome, Acknowledgements and Announcements
Hymn 475 (Verses 1-3) “I am the church! You are the church!”
Today in Sunday school: Mark 7:24-37 – “What does it mean to be open?”
Regular Sunday school today after Children’s Story; Nursery and Toddler care available in rooms 106/107
Next Week: Mark 8:27-38 “Who is Jesus?”
Sunday school today:
- Kindergarten-Gr 2 Room 202 with Christine and Chloe McDonald
- Gr 3 & 4 Room 203 with Michelle Kauk and Anne Richards
- Gr 5 & 6 Room 204 with Jen Yessis and Jane Ferguson
- Jr High in the Lounge with Brianna Stewart
- Sr High Room 205 with Ken VanderVleuten
Hymn 475 (Verses 4-5) “I am the church! You are the church!”
Gospel: John 6:1-15, 25-29
Presentation of Our Offering
Offertory: I Lift My Eyes – Chancel Choir
arr . Hal H Hopson
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
Prayer of Dedication (unison prayer on screen)
Sermon: “Thousands Served”
Prayer for Hope
Hymn 675 “Precious Lord take my hand”
Closing song: “Walk with me”
Copyright 1988 Estate of John S. Rice OneLicense.net #A713805
Today we welcome Tori Smit back to Knox, Waterloo.
Tori is the Regional Minister for Faith Formation for the Synod. She is a diaconal minister and Christian Education Consultant with many years of experience. She is at the forefront of emerging Christian education research and resources for all ages and areas of congregational life.
Tori has written small group leader materials for youth conferences for the PCC as well as Montreat Conference Center in the States. Tori is the author of two Kerygma Bible Study books: “Amos and Hosea: Boundaries, Tough Love , Amazing Grace” and “The Gospel of Matthew: God with us.” Tori, and her family attended Knox when they lived in Waterloo. The family now live in Toronto.
Welcome Desk: Gloria Roberts, Nancy Matthews
Greeters: Heather Cawsey & David Matthews
Ushers: Barb & Brad Tucker, Judy & Ron Charie, Dave Dougall, Duncan McLean
Radio/Sound: Stephen Todd
Broadcast: Grant Birks
Multimedia: Andrew Church
Giving Table: John Scace
Hospital Visitor: Gordon Coyne
Refreshments: Jean Shannon & Charlene Janes
Sunday Attendant: Ellen McIntosh
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.