“We look more and more and more, but see less and less.”
“Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near”
“Seek me not in far-off places. I am close at hand. Your workbench, office, kitchen, these are altars where you offer love. And I am there.”
The Way of the Cross
Entry of the Written Word
Call to Worship (from Psalm 27 & 63)
One: The Lord is my light and my salvation;
All: whom shall I fear?
One: The Lord is the stronghold of my life:
All: of whom shall I be afraid?
One: O God, you are my God, I seek you,
All: my soul thirsts for you
One: One thing will I seek after:
All: to behold the beauty of the Lord and to live in God’s house all the days of my life.
Hymn 26 verses 1-3 “As pants the hart”
Opening prayer and Lord’s Prayer
Peace Invocation: “May the peace of Christ be with you”
May the peace of Christ be with you.
May the love of God dwell deep in your heart.
May the Spirit enlighten your way.
May you live in the comfort of God’s care.
Passing the Peace
(We share a sign of Peace with one another.)
Introit: “How Great Thou Art”
Soloist: Jakob Villeneuve
Welcome, Acknowledgements and Announcements
Hymn 625 “Seek ye first”
Today in Sunday school: Ephesians 4: 1-16 : Many Gifts, Many Ministries.
Next week: John 6: 35; 41-51 : Bread of Life
JK-GR 3 meet in Room 202
Gr 4-6 meet in Room 205
Toddler/Nursery in Room 107
Prayer for Illumination:
O God, as we hear your Word today, we seek your Spirit and wisdom in our lives. Feed us, refresh us, challenge us. We pray in Christ’s name. Amen.
First Reading: Jeremiah 29: 11-14 page 731 Pew Bible
Gospel: Matthew 13:44, 45 &7:7, 8 page 15 & 7 Pew Bible
“Panis Angelicus” Caesar Frank
Soloist: Jakob Villeneuve
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
Prayer of Dedication: Giver of all good gifts, receive these signs of our commitment. May they serve your world, build up the body of Christ and bring hope and promise to those who need it. To the glory of your name. AMEN
Sermon: “Playing Hide and Seek with God”
Hymn 641 “One more step along the world I go”
Choral Closing “Walk with me”
Greeter: Gordon Coyne
Ushers: Sandi & Tom McBride,Gordon Coyne, Edi & Bill Stevens
Radio/Sound: Jackson Del Chiaro
Broadcast: John Scace
Multimedia: David Matthews
Hospital Visitor: Cheryl Meyer
Sunday Attendant: Tristan de Oliveria
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.