Welcome to worship. Together we seek to honour God in our worship. We sing, we pray, we encounter stories of grace from the bible. We support one another and make a difference in our world.
“People who love to eat are the best people”
“There is a boy here who has five barley loaves and two fish. But what are they among so many people?”
Entry of the Written Word
Call to Worship (Psalm 145 verses 13–18)
One: Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures throughout all generations
All: The Lord is faithful in words, and gracious in deeds.
One: The Lord upholds all who are falling, and raises up all who are bowed down.
All: The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food in due season.
One: You open your hand, satisfying the desire of every living thing.
All: The Lord is just, and kind. The Lord is near to all who call, to all who call in truth.
Hymn 814 “Morning has broken”
Opening prayer and Lord’s Prayer
Peace Invocation: “May the peace of Christ be with you”
Passing the Peace
(We share a sign of Peace with one another.)
Introit: “If with all your hearts” Mendelssohn (Elijah)
Welcome, Acknowledgements and Announcements
Hymn 475 (Verses 1-3) “I am the church! You are the church!”
Today in Sunday school: John 6: 1-21 Enough For All
Next week: Ephesians 4: 1-16 Many Gifts, Many Ministries
JK-GR 3 meet in Room 202; Gr 4-6 meet in Room 205; Toddler/Nursery in Room 107
First Reading: 2 Samuel 11:1-15
Gospel: John 6: 1-21
Offertory: “The Gift of Love” arr. Hal Hopson
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
Prayer of Dedication
Sermon: “Hunger for miracles”
Prayer for Hope
Hymn 748 (verses 1-3) “Lord of all hopefulness”
Benediction and Choral Closing “Walk with me”
Welcome Desk: Eleanor Larter
Greeters: Rich & Dianne Hildred
Ushers: Paul Ogram, Wendy Anderson, Bob Reichard, Duncan McLean, Anne & John Fairles
Radio/Sound: Jackson Del Chiaro
Broadcast: Stephen Kauk
Multimedia: Emily Kozlowski
Giving Table: Gordon Coyne
Hospital Visitor: Cheryl Meyer
Refreshments: Susan & Stuart McTavish
Sunday Attendant: Tristan de Oliveria
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.