Happy Canada Day
celebrating the sacrament of baptism
Sometimes in the rush and crunch of our mission as God’s children, we forget who we are: the children of God. In our grown up practicality, in our busy-busy adult conscience productivity, we forget that Christ said, “Unless you become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.” Far too often we even forget who he is, and we begin to telling the story all wrong.
Entry of the Written Word
Call to Worship
Hymn 800 verses 1 & 2 “O Canada”
Peace Invocation: “May the peace of Christ be with you”
May the peace of Christ be with you.
May the love of Christ dwell deep in your heart.
May the Spirit enlighten your way.
May you live in the comfort of God’s care.
Passing the Peace
(We share a sign of Peace with one another.)
Introit: “Be Still, My Soul” Arr. Lloyd Larson
Duet: Stephanie Tulloch and Jakob Villeneuve
Welcome, Acknowledgements and Announcements
Sacrament of Holy Baptism:
Today we celebrate the Sacrament of Baptism for
Eleanore (Ellie) Florence St. Pierre
daughter of Benoit and Rebecca St. Pierre.
Hymn 435 “All things bright and beautiful”
Aaronic Blessing 619
The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you,
and be gracious unto you;
the Lord lift up his countenance upon you
and give you his peace.
We, as a congregation of this household of God, do receive and welcome this child in the name of the Lord Jesus. May we live before her, that she will be strengthened in holiness of body, mind, and spirit, and may continue in faith and obedience to Christ through all of her days.
Presentation of Candle and Certificate
Today in Sunday school: 2 Samuel 1:1, 17-27 – Friendship: a gift from God
Next week: 2 Samuel 5:1-5, 9-10 – Leadership: a Trust from God
JK- Gr 3 meets in Room 202; Gr 4-6 meets in Room 205; Preschool/nursery care available in Room 106/107
Gospel: Mark 5:21-24 & Mark 10:13-16
Presentation of our Offering
Offertory: “Then Sings My Soul” arr. Mary MacDonald
Duet: Stephanie Tulloch and Jakob Villeneuve
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
For the life that you have given,
For the love in Christ made known,
With these fruits of time and labour,
With these gifts that are your own:
Here we offer, Lord, our praises;
Heart and mind and strength we bring;
Give us grace to love and serve you,
Living what we pray and sing.
Prayer of Dedication
Sermon: “For the sake of our children”
Prayers of the People and Lord’s Prayer
Hymn 736 verses 1,3 &4 “For the healing of the nations”
Choral Closing “Walk with me”
Welcome Desk: Nancy Matthews
Greeters: Gordon Coyne
Ushers: Sandi & Tom McBride, Ken Vandar Vleuten, Paul Ogram, Cheryl Meyer, Gordon Coyne
Radio/Sound: Stephen Todd
Broadcast: Grant Birks
Multimedia: Jeffrey Baer
Giving Table: Greg Sennema
Hospital Visitor: Cheryl Meyer
Sunday Attendant: Ellen McIntosh
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.