“There is so much to admire to weep over. And to write music or poems about.
Bless the feet that take you to and fro.
Bless the eyes and the listening ears.
Bless the tongue, the marvel of taste.
Bless touching.” – Mary Oliver in a poem written after her diagnosis of cancer.
Knox Waterloo Inclusion Statement:
“God’s Love Includes Everyone! As an inclusive, affirming congregation, we honour the diversity of God’s creation. Our community is richer when we include people of all ages, gender identities, racial and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, economic circumstances and family configurations. We seek to provide a safe space so that each person can bring every aspect of their whole self into participation within this congregation. We invite all to join into the life, leadership, witness and ministry of Knox Waterloo.
Entry of the Written Word
Call to Worship (from Psalm 98)
One: Sing to God a new song,
All: for God has done marvelous things!
One: Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth.
All: for God is still doing marvelous things!
One: Break forth into joyful songs,
All: sing to God a new song!
Hymn 746 “What a Friend We Have in Jesus”
Opening prayer and Lord’s Prayer
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as in heaven, Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us. Save us from the time of trial and deliver us from evil. For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours now and forever. Amen
Peace Invocation: “May the Peace of Christ Be with You”
Passing the Peace
(We share a sign of Peace with one another.)
Introit: “Make this Church a Welcome Place” – Chancel Choir
Music by Joel Raney, Words by J. Paul Williams
Welcome, Acknowledgements and Announcements
Hymn 229 “Jesu, Jesu, fill us with your love”
Today in Sunday school: Acts 10:44-48 Sing a new song
Next week: Acts 1: 15-17; 21-26 Renewing Community
First Reading: 1 John 5:1-6
Gospel: John 15:9-17
Presentation of Offering:
Offertory: “Keys” for Worship – soloist – Hyunsuk Jung
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
Prayer of Dedication (unison)
Pour your Spirit upon these gifts, O God. Send them into the world as a sign and song of your joyous work of love. Use them to call and welcome all who are your friends, those who are curious, those who are afraid, and all who hunger and thirst for a better world for all. Amen.
Meditation on the Word: “Friends”
Invitation to Communion
Communion Hymn 471 (verses 1-3) “We are one in the Spirit”
Gift of Communion
Prayer of Thanksgiving
Distribution of the Bread and Cup
Communion Anthem “At This Table We Remember” – Chancel Choir
Music by Victor C. Johnson,
words by Louis Fitzgerald Benson
Hymn 481 (verses 1-4) “Blest Be the Tie that Binds”
Choral Closing “Walk with me”
Welcome Desk: Gloria Roberts
Greeters: Agnes & Dick Steffy
Ushers: Susan & Stuart McTavish, John Del Chiaro, Barb MacAskill, Barb Prysnuk, Dave Dougall
Radio/Sound: Stephen Todd
Broadcast: Eric Gaudet
Multimedia: Emily Kozlowski
Giving Table: John Scace
Hospital Visitor: Beth Thorsen
Refreshments: Ruth Ann & Willie Ilgauds
Sunday Attendant: Tristan de Oliveira
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.