“CELEBRATING 25 YEARS OF LOGOS”
Thanks to the LOGOS Anniversary Planning Team: Liz Fryer, Laura Vander Vleuten, Marg Johnston, Linda Ashfield, Shirley Carter, Margaret Woods, Mandy Woods, Greg Sennema & Elizabeth Denbeigh, and to all the children and youth participating in today’s service.
Entry of the Written Word
Call to Worship:
One: This is the day the Lord has made,
All: We will rejoice and be glad in it.
One: Today as we give God thanks for 25 years of our LOGOS ministry
All: We remember that “in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.
One: The Word became a human being and lived for a while among us.
All: In him was life and that life is the light for all people.
One: Then let us celebrate that Word – that LOGOS among us.
Hymn 250 “Lord of the Dance”
A Song for Peace “Shalom”
Passing the Peace
“YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD AND I WILL TREAT YOU THAT WAY” Bethany Ellis
Grades 1-3 LOGOS “Child of God” by Kathleen Tunseth & “Ordinary Kid” by Mary Kay Bottens Mosby.
Welcome Laura Vander Vleuten (Christian Education Director)
The Four Parts of LOGOS Liz Fryer (Current LOGOS Director)
Video Greg Sennema
Hymn 373 “Jesus loves me”
Children’s Story: “RECREATION TIME”
(At this time, grades 1 and up go back to sit with their families and younger children head out to their program.)
The Bones of LOGOS Elizabeth Denbeigh (1st LOGOS Director)
Presentation of the LOGOS gift to Knox
Presentation of our Offering:
- Donations may be offered through envelopes, debit, phone, or credit cards.
- Download app ‘PushPay’ to give now to Knox Waterloo.
- The Giving Table in the Atrium is open 20 minutes before worship and 30 minutes following worship.
- Some give appreciated stock on an annual basis.
- Some choose to give monthly through PACK Pre- Authorized-Contribution-at-Knox.
- Your Generosity makes all things possible.
“Waterfall” by Charity Gayle Senior High LOGOS
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
Prayer of Dedication for our Offering and Chalice
Hymn 475 verses 1,2& 4 “I am the church, you are the church”
Presentation “Joseph and the Coat”
by Vedder and Waldrop
Grades 4-6 LOGOS Tone Chimes
Giving thanks in prayer Junior High LOGOS
“FAMILY TIME” – Activity, announcements & invitation to lunch Brooke Ashfield (LOGOS Dinner Dean)
Hymn 339 vs 1-3 “Who made the earth and the heaven”
Knox Church gives God thanks for the gift of LOGOS and the 25 years of this ministry in our midst. We remember the research of our then Christian Education Director, Shirley Carter and her recommendation that Knox consider LOGOS. We remember the March Break week in 1993 that Rev. Brooke and Rev. Linda Ashfield, Elizabeth Denbeigh and Lawrie and Shirley Carter spent in Troy, New York to learn all about LOGOS and the decision they made to create a full LOGOS program (from nursery care to grade 13) at Knox. We give God thanks that Elizabeth Denbeigh responded to God’s call to not only be our first Director, but to lay a good foundation and build the Knox LOGOS program from the ground up. We are indebted to her commitment to the vision, her many hours of work, her willingness to talk to every group at Knox and her enthusiasm and leadership as she guided us in the LOGOS way. We also give thanks that God has blessed this ministry with children, youth, committed parents, adults and directors. May God continue to enrich LOGOS at Knox as together, we grow in Christ.
Welcome Desk: Anna Abraham, Nancy Matthew
Greeters: Reist Family
Ushers: Sue & Bruce Dickieson, Dick Steffy, John Del Chiaro, Judy & Gord Howes
Radio/Sound: Jackson Del Chiaro
Broadcast: Stephen Kauk
Multimedia: Jeffrey Baer
Giving Table: Gordon Coyne
Hospital Visitor: Pat Ball
Refreshments: Ruth Ann & Willie Ilgauds
Sunday Attendant: Tristan de Oliveira
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.