Twice a year we invite the children and youth to join us at the table. Today grades 3 and up will stay in worship for Communion. Those who belong to Christ come gladly to his table to remember Jesus and to celebrate his presence. Thank you to all the children and youth who are participating in our service today by reading, leading in prayer, music and serving Communion.
Entry of the Written Word
Call to Worship: PWS&D readings – Tommy Roussel (See Insert)
Hymn: “Blessed Be Your Name”
Jennie Lee Riddle | Kaden Slay. © 2017 Jennie Lee Riddle Music (div. of New Nation Music [Admin. by Music Services, Inc.]) Tent Peg Music (div. of New Nation Music [Admin. by Music Services, Inc.])
CCLI License # 2580326 CCLI Song # 7100145
Prayer of Confession – Bethany Ellis
Peace Invocation “Shalom”
Passing the Peace: God calls us into loving relationships with our neighbours. Let us turn and greet one another in the name of Jesus. (We share a sign of Peace with one another.)
Welcome and Acknowledgments and Announcements
- Palm Sunday Bake Sale
- A Child in our Hands Workshop
Hymn 399 “Spirit of Gentleness”
Children’s Time: “Love the Lord your God with all your soul”
Today in Sunday school: John 2:13-22 “A Passionate Way”
Grade 3 and up stay in worship today for Communion
JK-Gr 2 have regular Sunday school in Room 200.
Toddler/Nursery care are available in Room 107.
Next week: John 3: 14-21 “God So Loved”
Song: 715 “Love the Lord Your God”
Old Testament – Exodus 20:1-17 Video and Readings – Senior High
New Testament – John 2:13-22 Video and Readings – Junior High
Presentation of Offering:
Donations may be offered through debit, phone, or credit cards, at the Giving Table 20 minutes before worship or 30 minutes following worship. Some choose to give appreciated stock of assets on an annual basis.
Offertory Anthem: “My Lighthouse”
CCLI Song # 7002032 Rend Collective © 2013 Thankyou Music (Admin. by Capitol CMG Publishing)
CCLI License # 2580326
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
Prayer of Dedication: – Liam Kauk
You have given us amazing gifts, loving God. Now we give you a little of what we have – gifts to further your love on earth. Take them and use them, we pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Meditation “Deciding to Love”
Invitation to Communion
Hymn 555 verses 1, 2 & 4 “Worship the Lord”
The Story of Communion – Makenna Kauk
Prayer of Thanksgiving and Lord’s Prayer
Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial
and deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power,
and the glory are yours now and forever. Amen
Distribution of the Bread and Cup – Senior High
Communion Anthem “One Bread One Body”
Text and music -John Foley, Praise Band
Hymn 225 (sing twice) “A new commandment”
Choral Closing “Walk with me”
Welcome Desk: Nancy Matthews
Greeters: Ruth & Dick Heeg
Ushers: Susan & Stuart McTavish, Susan & Eric Beard, Lucas Dultra Britto, Duncan McLean
Radio/Sound: Eric Gaudet
Broadcast: Grant Birks
Multimedia: Kathleen Forde
Giving Table: David Matthews
Hospital Visitor: Kathy Kiggins
Refreshments: Susan & Stuart McTavish
Sunday Attendant: Ellen McIntosh
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.