“The human race is an unfair and stupid competition. A lot of the runners don’t get decent sneakers or clean drinking water.
Some runners are born with a massive head start, every possible help along the way, and still the referees seem to be on their side.
It’s not surprising that a lot of people have given up competing altogether and gone to sit in the grandstand, eat junk food, and shout abuse.”
“There on the mountain they saw him,
really saw him, saw his light.
We all know that if we really see him we die.
But isn’t that what is required of us?
Then, perhaps, we will see each other, too.”
Madeleine L’Engle 1918-2007
Entry of the Written Word
Call to Worship (Psalm 50:1-5)
Hymn 15 (verses 1 & 4) “The Lord’s my light”
Prayer of confession: Hymn 201 “We come to ask your forgiveness” and Lord’s Prayer(Unison)
Peace Invocation: “May the peace of Christ be with you”
Passing the Peace (We share a sign of Peace with one another.)
Introit: “He Shall Feed His Flock” G. F Handel
soloist: Stephanie Tulloch
Welcome, Acknowledgements and Announcements
Hymn 250 (verses 1-3) “Lord of the dance”
Children’s Time: LOGOS Grade 1-3 “My God’s Bigger Than That” by Lynn Hodges and David Allen.
Today in Sunday school: Mark 9:2-9 Divine Illumination
Next week: Genesis 9:8-18 Signs of Gods Promise
First Reading: 2 Kings 5:1-17
Gospel: Mark 9:2-9
Presentation of Offering:
Donations may be offered through envelopes, debit, phone, or credit cards. The Giving Table in the Atrium is open 20 minutes before worship and 30 minutes following worship. Some give appreciated stock on an annual basis. Your Generosity makes all things possible. Some choose to give monthly through PACK Pre-Authorized-Contribution-at-Knox.
Offertory anthem: “Deep River with Shall We Gather at the River” setting by: Lloyd Larson – Knox Chancel Choir.
Hymn “For the life that you have given
Prayer of Dedication (unison)
Sermon: “Beyond Words”
Hymn 332 (verses 1-3) “How great thou art”
Choral Closing “Walk with me”
Welcome Desk: Femmy Birks, Mary Chen
Greeter: Marg Johnston
Ushers: Lynelle Purdy, Andrew Rozomiak, Gordon Coyne, Dave Dougall, Bob Reichard, Lucas Dultra Britto
Radio/Sound: Jamie McManus
Broadcast: Kari Feldmann
Multimedia: Kathleen Forde
Giving Table: Sharon Feldmann
Hospital Visitor: Kathy Kiggins
Refreshments: BLorna Kennedy, Nancy Holland
Sunday Attendant: Ellen McIntosh
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.