“The church is Christ together with his people called both to worship and to serve him in all of life.”
Entry of the Written Word
Call to Worship:
One: God has invited us.
All: So we gather.
One: God has spoken.
All: So we listen.
One: God has given us glimpses of mystery.
All: So we wait and watch, eager for more.
One: God has been faithful.
All: So we trust.
One: We come to wonder, to remember, to listen, to sing and to pray.
All: Let us worship God.
Hymn: 299 verses 1,2,4 “Holy Holy Holy”
Prayer of Approach
Peace Invocation: “Shalom”
May the peace of the Lord be with you
At home and in your heart
Shalom with you abide,
through the day and night
Every day of your life.
Passing the Peace (We share a sign of Peace with one another.)
Introit: “Bornin Human Kindness” – Chancel Choir
words and music Bruce Harding
Welcome and Acknowledgments
Announcements and Concerns of the Congregation
Hymn 625 “Seek ye first”
Today in Sunday school: Mark 1:29-39 In Daily Life
Next week: Mark 9:2-9 Divine Illumination
Hebrew Scripture – Isaiah 40: 26-31
Epistle – 1 Corinthians 12: 12-14;26-27.
Gospel – Mark 1:29-39
Presentation of Offering:
Donations may be offered through debit, phone, or credit cards, at the Giving Table 20 minutes before worship or 30 minutes following worship. Some choose to give appreciated stock of assets on an annual basis.
Offertory Anthem: “Every time I feel the Spirit” – Choir
arr. Lloyd Larson
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
Prayer of Dedication: Generous and loving God, you have promised strength for the weak, rest for the labourers, light for the way, grace for the trials in life, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love. We open our hands and hearts to share your blessings with others. Amen.
Meditation: “An Inconvenient Faith”
Invitation to Communion
Communion Hymn 546 “Here is bread: here is wine”
The Apostles’ Creed (539 in the Hymn Book)
Institution of Communion
Prayer of Thanksgiving and Lord’s Prayer
Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial
and deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power,
and the glory are yours now and forever. Amen
Distribution of the Bread and Cup
Communion Anthem “You Satisfy the Hungry Heart”
Hymn 440 verses 1, 3,5, 6 “For all the love”
Choral Closing “Walk with me”
Walk with me, I will walk with you;
And build the land that God has planned
Where love shines through.
Welcome Desk: Nancy Matthews
Greeters: Broberg Family
Ushers: Sandi & Tom McBride, Edi & Bill Stevens, Heather Cawsey , Duncan McLean
Radio/Sound: Stephen Todd
Broadcast: Ben Breen
Multimedia: Emily Kozlowski
Giving Table: Jen Yessis
Hospital Visitor: Kathy Kiggins
Refreshments: Broberg Family
Sunday Attendant: Ellen McIntosh
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.