“The Star Leads us”
“Holy One, untamed by the names I give you, in the silence name me, that I may know who I am, hear the truth you have put into me, trust the love you have for me, which you call me to live out.”
Ted Loder, “In the Silence, Name Me”
“Somewhere inside all of us is the power to change the world”
“Often when you are at the ending of something, you’re at the beginning of something else.”
Mr. Rogers (Rev. Fred Rogers)
Entry of the Written Word
Call to Worship (from Isaiah 60)
One: Arise; shine; for your light has come!
All: And the glory of the Lord has risen upon us.
One: Lift up your eyes, look around and see.
All: We see God’s people, gathered from far and wide.
One: Bring your hopes and fears, bring your voices, hands and gifts and proclaim God’s love.
All: We bring the gift of who we are, offered today in worship and praise.
Hymn 174 (verses 1-3) “Worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness”
Prayer of Approach and Ecumenical Lord’s Prayer
Peace Invocation: “Shalom”
Passing the Peace
Announcements and Acknowledgements
Hymn 173 (verses 1-2, and 5) “We three kings”
Time with the Children
Today in Sunday school: Mark 1:4-11 “Spirited Beginnings”
Next week: 1Samuel 3:1-10 (11-20) “Called by Name”
Gospel: Matthew 2:1-12
Presentation of Offering
Donations may be offered through debit, phone, or credit cards, at the Giving Table 20 minutes before worship or 30 minutes following worship.
Offertory anthem: Mary Did You Know
Words: Mark Lowry, Music: Buddy Greene
Soloist: Lizzie Song
Hymn “For the life that you have given
Prayer of Dedication (unison)
Sermon: “The Light Within”
Hymn 176 (verses 1-2, 5) “Songs of thankfulness”
Closing song: “Walk with me”
Welcome Desk: Nancy Matthews, Gloria Roberts
Greeter: Sharon Feldmann
Ushers: Anne & John Fairles, John Del Chiaro, Dave Dougall, Susan & Stuart McTavish
Radio/Sound: Jackson Del Chiaro
Broadcast: Stephen Kauk
Multimedia: Emily Kozlowski
Giving Table: Gordon Coyne
Hospital Visitor: Sharon Feldmann
Refreshments: Pat & Harold Ball
Sunday Attendant: Ellen McIntosh
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.