Student Ministry and Chaplaincy on Campus
Entry of the Written Word
Call to Worship:
One: We are invited to God’s banquet
All: We seek to enter a deeper relationship with the Creator, Son and Holy Spirit
One: by asking questions, engaging with Scripture, sharing our learning with others,
All: and the God of peace is with us.
One: In congregations, universities, and colleges,
All: we can discover the abundance of God’s grace!
One: Let us worship the living God with our minds, hearts and bodies.
All: We lift our hearts and voices in praise!
Opening Song “Blessed Be Your Name”
Prayer of Approach
Peace Invocation: “Shalom”
May the peace of The Lord be with you,
At home and in your heart
Shalom with you abide
Through the day and night
Every day of your life.
Passing the Peace
Welcome and Acknowledgement
Children’s Hymn #339 “He’s Got the Whole World”
Time with the Children
Today in Sunday school: Matthew 25:31-46 Feeing with Justice
Next week: Isaiah 64:1-9 Longing
Hymn of the Month #420 “Praise, I will praise”
Announcements and Student Ministry at Knox
Gospel Reading – Luke 15:1-7
Presentation of Offering:
Donations may be offered through debit, phone, or credit cards, at the Giving Table 20 minutes before worship or 30 minutes following worship.
Offertory Anthem: “Oceans” Knox Praise Band
CCLI Song # 6428767 ; 2012 Hillsong Music Publishing
CCLI License # 2580326; Words and Music By: Matt Crocker, Joel Houston and Salomon Lighthelm
Hymn: “For the life that you have given”
For the life that you have given,
For the love in Christ made known,
With these fruits of time and labour,
With these gifts that are your own:
Here we offer, Lord, our praises;
Heart and mind and strength we bring;
Give us grace to love and serve you,
Living what we pray and sing.
Prayer of Dedication
Sermon: “The Finder and the Found”
Student Ministry and Chaplaincy
Pastoral Prayer and Lord’s Prayer
Closing song: “Walk with me”
Walk with me, I will walk with you;
And build the land that God has planned
Where love shines through.
Today, we welcome the Rev. Brian Bork, Chaplain at the University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier University. Originally from London, he has been working on these campuses for nearly ten years. Brian is available to students by appointment and keeps office hours on both campuses. He hosts a pub discussion group called Fermented Faith, participates in the Collective Kitchen for students here at Knox as well as hosting a Breakfast Book Club for faculty and staff. He’s working on developing a Waterloo chapter of the Canadian Christian Scientific & Christian Affiliation. When not on campus, he spends a good deal of time playing guitar, watching soccer, and spending time with his wife, Amanda (who is a pastor of faith formation at Community Christian Reformed Church, Kitchener) and daughter, Rose.
Welcome Desk: Gloria Roberts
Greeters: Sennema Family
Ushers: Heather & Bill MacKenzie, Barb & Brad Tucker, Bovas Abraham, Bob Reichard
Radio/Sound: Mark Culp
Broadcast: Barb Gaudet
Multimedia: Kathleen Forde
Giving Table: Heather Cawsey
Hospital Visitor: Beth Thorsen
Refreshments: Ruth Ann & Willie Ilgauds, Nancy Holland
Sunday Attendant: Ellen McIntosh
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.