Remembrance Sunday and communion
Entry of the Written Word
Call to Worship and Words of Introduction
The Act of Remembrance:
Hymn 743 “Lead on, eternal Sovereign”
Please remain standing as the wreaths come forward
Laying of the wreaths
Alice Carter, Isaac Kuruvilla and Finlay McLean
“Last Post” Debra Lacoste
“Reveille” Debra Lacoste
Hymn: 800 (verse 1) O Canada
Prayer of Remembrance
Words of Assurance
Peace Invocation: “Shalom”
May the peace of The Lord be with you,
At home and in your heart
Shalom with you abide
Through the day and night
Every day of your life.
The Passing of the Peace
We stand and share a sign of peace with one another
LOGOS grades 1-3 “We Need Bread, Jesus Said”
by Wayne Wold
Welcome and Announcements:
Senior High: Poinsettia plant sale for Ray of Hope Dinner
Hymn of the month 774 “God forgave my sin/ Freely, freely”
Time with the Children
Today in Sunday school: Matthew 23:1–12 “Learners Together”
Next week: Matthew 25:1–13 “Songs of the Heart”
Remembering the Waterloo North Congregation & the Presbytery gift to Knox Waterloo
Presentation of Offering:
Donations may be offered through debit, phone, or credit cards, at the Giving Table 20 minutes before worship or 30 minutes following worship.
Offertory Anthem: “The Water is Wide” arr. Danial Kallman;
Soloist: Virginia (Ginny) Scarfino – clarinet
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
For the life that you have given,
For the love in Christ made known,
With these fruits of time and labour,
With these gifts that are your own:
Here we offer, Lord, our praises;
Heart and mind and strength we bring;
Give us grace to love and serve you,
Living what we pray and sing.
Prayer of Dedication
First Reading: Deuteronomy 6:4-9
Gospel: Luke 22:14-20
Meditation: “Remembering” Rev. Leslie Walker
Celebration of Holy Communion:
Invitation to Communion
Hymn 528 verses 1 & 4 “Jesus calls us here”
Institution of this Sacrament – 1 Corinthians 11:23-26
Prayer of Thanksgiving and Lord’s Prayer (831)
Sharing the Bread and Cup
Please hold on to the bread and cup today, and we’ll commune together. Gluten free bread is wrapped.
Communion Anthem “Sacred Feast” Chancel choir
Words and music by Winnagene Hatch
Hymn 736 verses 1 & 2 “For the healing of the nations”
Closing song: “Walk with me”
Walk with me, I will walk with you;
And build the land that God has planned
Where love shines through.
Copyright 1988 Estate of John S. Rice OneLicense.net #A713805
The flowers in the sanctuary this morning are placed
to the Glory of God and in loving memory of Sophie Dusky
passed away peacefully on Oct 27, age 98
with love from her family Connie and Matt Elliot.
Welcome Desk: Gloria Roberts
Greeters: Rob & Kim Broberg
Ushers: Heather & Bill MacKenzie, Sandi & Tom McBride, Lynelle Purdy, Bob Reichard
Radio/Sound: Dan Corrigan
Broadcast: John Scace
Multimedia: Andrew Church
Giving Table: Jen Yessis
Hospital Visitor: Beth Thorsen
Refreshments: Ruth Ann & Willie Ilgauds
Sunday Attendant: Ellen McIntosh
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.