- It’s Thanksgiving this week at LOGOS and our Theme is “Thankful for Rainbows” but I must say, we are also “Thankful for Volunteers”! A HUGE Thank you to everyone who comes together to make this program happen! The fact that our numbers this year are at record levels for both Youth and Adults (over 150!) is a testament that God is at work and GREAT THINGS ARE HAPPENING HERE!
Each week we have a diverse and dynamic group that comes out to fill all sorts of needs. We are always looking for more hands on deck, so feel free to approach us and ask how you can help! We are specifically looking for people with lots of energy and enthusiasm to help lead our youth in gym or crafts and those with Worship Arts Talents. Please feel free to come and try something new – there are many opportunities to get involved and be part of something bigger! I can guarantee that you will get out much more than you put in!
If anyone is interested in joining us for dinner this week, please feel free to contact me so that we can prepare a list and be sure we have enough food. The cost to join for dinner this week (or any week) is 5 dollars if you have not paid at registration.
I want to let you know that there will be a Fire Drill this week, weather permitting. The rain date will be October 12. This will take place towards the end of period one (approximately 5 pm). Please be sure you know where you will be congregating with your group – if you are unsure, contact me. The exemption will be with Kitchen staff. Heather will review with you what would happen if it was a real fire, but as Kitchen staff is preparing for dinner they will be unable to join with our drill.
Upcoming Dates to Note:
- Liz Fryer will be away on October 12 and 19 – if you have anything that needs addressing, please feel free to email Liz at the above email or contact Laura V. Glenda Ribey will be Acting Director on October 12 and Lisa Dougall on October 19.
- DrumFIT will be coming on October 19 – Val will be drumming with both Jr and Sr High from 4:30 – 5:15 and with Grades 1 – 6 from 6:45 – 7 pm. Please make her feel welcome.
- Liz Perraud from GenON Ministries will be coming to LOGOS on October 26 and will be leading a Lunch and Learn at Knox Waterloo on October 27 from 12 – 1 pm. Lunch will be provided by the steering committee and will be followed by an informal question and answer and opportunity for discussion with Liz P. until approximately 2 pm. Feel free to join us for lunch or drop in as your availability allows. She will have lots of good tips and tricks for all LOGOS leaders and we encourage you to attend if you are able.
- On October 28 at Knox in Guelph, Liz P. will be leading a Networking and Resources Workshop for all LOGOS volunteers. The cost will be covered by Knox Waterloo and we are looking for carpooling. Please contact myself of Laura V. if you are interested in attending.
As you can see, we have lots to be Thankful for here at Knox.
One last thing, please keep Bob Thorne in your prayers as he begins his medical treatments this week. Bob has been a fabulous Volunteer here at LOGOS and forged a great relationship with our Grade 2’s last year (now Grade 3’s). Last week the Grade 3’s presented him with a T-shirt to wear to remind him that his LOGOS family is thinking of him. We know you will welcome Bob as he will be joining us as he is able for dinner with his Grade 3’s.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at any time. I am doing my best to meet all the faces and names that are new to me!
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou