“Sufficient then for pacifying minds and for rendering certain our salvation, is the word of the gospel; in which we are not commanded to earn righteousness by works, but to embrace it, when offered gratuitously, by faith”
John Calvin – 1540
“When my daughter was dying of AIDS, she told our family gathered around her bed, “Don’t say anything. I know you love me. Just be here with me and hold my hand.” That’s a silence bite. A holy silence bite. A moment when God does all the talking and we do all the listening.”
The Rev. Dr. Homer Henderson – 2004
Entry of the Written Word
Territorial Acknowledgement: (unison)
Call to Worship:
Hymn 814 “Morning has broken”
Prayer of Approach and Lord’s Prayer (traditional unison)
Peace Invocation: “May the Peace of Christ Be with You”
Passing the Peace
Welcome and Announcements
Hymn 631 “Jesus’ hands were kind hands”
Time with the Children
Today in Sunday school: Genesis 37: 1-4, 12-28 Jealousy
Children in Kindergarten and up please go to Room 202 after the children’s story.
Nursery/preschool care available in Room 107
Next week: Genesis 45:1-15 Reconcile
First Reading: 1 Kings 19:11-13
Second Reading: Romans 10:8-15
Gospel: Matthew 14:22-33
Presentation of Offering:
Donations may be offered through debit, phone, or credit cards, at the Giving Table 20 minutes before worship or 30 minutes following worship.
Offertory anthem: Gigue from Cello Suite #1 – Johann Sebastian Bach
Soloist: Daniel Corrigan
Hymn “For the life that you have given
Prayer of Dedication
Sermon: “Move Those Feet!”
Hymn 675 “Precious Lord, take my hand”
Benediction and Closing song: “Walk with me”
Welcome Desk: Nancy Matthews, Gemmy Birks
Greeter: Connie Graham
Ushers: Edi & Bill Stevens, Susan & Eric Beard, Ken Vander Vleuten, Paul Ogram
Radio/Sound: Kari Feldmann
Broadcast: John Scace
Multimedia: Andrew Church
Giving Table: John Scace
Hospital Visitor: Sharon Kelly
Refreshments: James Francis
Sunday Attendant: Ellen McIntosh
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.