Order of Service
We welcome Sheree Anderson to lead our service this morning.
Sheree Anderson has been a Physiotherapist and a Chaplain (with the Uniting Church in Australia). She continues to be a Supply Preacher for the United Church in Canada, a mother of two (mostly) grown-up children, a poet, a song-writer, a voracious reader, an advocate of the mystical roots of Christianity and a Spiritual Director with a passion for working with dreams.
Entry of the Written Word
Territorial Acknowledgement: (unison)
We worship on the traditional lands of the Neutral, Anishnawbe, and Haudenosaunee peoples on the Haldimand Tract.
Call to Worship: Psalm 63:1-4 (from Psalter)
One: O God, you are my God, I seek you,
All: my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
One: So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory.
All: Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.
One: So I will bless you as long as I live;
All: I will lift up my hands and call on your name.
Hymn 727 “Let there be light”
Prayer of Approach and Confession
Peace Invocation: “May the Peace of Christ Be with You”
May the peace of Christ be with you.
May the love of Christ dwell deep in your heart.
May the Spirit enlighten your way.
May you live in the comfort of God’s care
Passing the Peace
Solo: Blessed Be the Name
by Mississippi John Hurt.
Soloist: Richard Hildred
Welcome and Announcements
Hymn 638 “Take time to be holy”
Time with the Children – What is a temple?
Today in Sunday school: Genesis 32:22-31 “Struggle”
Children in Kindergarten and older please go to Room 202
Preschool and Nursery care are available in room 106
Next week: Genesis 37:1-4; 12-28 Jealousy
1 Corinthians 3:10-11, 16-23
Presentation of Offering:
Donations may be offered through debit, phone, or credit cards, at the Giving Table 20 minutes before worship or 30 minutes following worship.
Offertory: Fantasie Impromptu by Chopin
Piano soloist: Ivy Park
Hymn “For the life that you have given
For the life that you have given,
For the love in Christ made known,
With these fruits of time and labour,
With these gifts that are your own:
Here we offer, Lord, our praises;
Heart and mind and strength we bring;
Give us grace to love and serve you,
Living what we pray and sing.
Prayer of Dedication
Sermon: “Being God’s Temple”
Prayer of Intercession and Lord ’s Prayer
Hymn 371 “Love Divine”
Closing song: “Walk with me”
Walk with me, I will walk with you;
And build the land that God has planned
Where love shines through.
Copyright 1988 Estate of John S. Rice OneLicense.net #A713805
Welcome Desk: Gloria Roberts
Greeters: Agnes & Richard Steffy
Ushers: Edi & Bill Stevens, Pat & Harold Ball, Bob Reichard, Paul Ogram
Radio/Sound: Stephen Todd
Multimedia: David Matthews
Giving Table: Ken Vander Vleuten
Hospital Visitor: Sharon Kelly
Refreshments: Janet & John Smith
Sunday Attendant: Ellen McIntosh
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.