Christian family Sunday – Nicaragua Mission Team
Preparation for Worship: Habitat for Humanity envisions a world where everyone has a safe, decent and affordable place to live. It brings people together to build homes, communities and hope as the love of Jesus Christ is demonstrated through action.
Entry of the Written Word
Call to Worship:
One: Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labour in vain.
All: The stone that the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone.
One: Indeed, Jesus Christ is the cornerstone upon which the foundation is built.
All: We are now no longer strangers, but part of the household of God.
One: And God has found a home in this dwelling place. We bless you from the house of the Lord.
All: Let us worship God together!
Hymn 482 verses 1, 3 &5 “Christ is made the sure foundation”
Peace Invocation: “Shalom”
Passing the Peace
(We share a sign of Peace with one another.)
Hymn of the Month 296 “The clay-stained hands of love”
Welcome and Announcements
- Eldership Election
Hymn 475 verses 1, 2, 4 “I am the church, you are the church!”
A FAMILY: The story of Maria Eva and her family
Today in Sunday school: Acts 7:55-60 “Stand Firm”
Next week: John 14:15-21 “Called Alongside”
NEEDING A SAFE HOME: Dick Heeg
Gospel: Matthew 8:20 “Homeless”
Habitat for Humanity – Nicaragua
Hymn 470 verses 1 & 2 “You that know the Lord is gracious”
A BUILD: Mark Harper
1 Peter 2:4-6 “Living stones”
Story of building the house
Presentation of Offering:
(Donations may be offered through debit, phone, or credit cards, at the Giving Table 20 minutes before worship or 30 minutes following worship)
Offertory anthem “Cover Me” words and music by Barbara Billingsley, arranged by Patti Drennan
Hymn “For the life that you have given
Prayer of Dedication (in unison)
Lord our God, you have been our dwelling place and in you, we find our home. We think of the many homes each of us has lived in; perhaps in places all around the world; on farms, in cities, in towns, in apartments. Thank you for our homes and the security we feel. Thank you that Jesus calls us to put our faith into action and for the many ways we can use our gifts, our talents and our time in service to others. Amen.
A HOME: Bovas Abraham
Ezekiel 37: 24-27 “God’s home is with us”
The people and the community
HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS: Grant Birks
Ephesians 2:19-22 “Christ at home in our hearts”
Moments that will stay with us
Pastoral Prayer and Lord’s Prayer
Hymn 472 “We are God’s people”
Choral Closing “Walk with me”
Many thanks to the Knox Nicaragua Habitat for Humanity Team who helped plan worship today and those who spoke: Bovas Abraham, Emily Ashfield, Linda Ashfield, Grant Birks, Lesley Crompton, Mark Harper, Dick Heeg, Shelley Holmes, Devin Law, David Matthews, and Stuart McTavish. The team participated in a build in Esteli, Nicaragua at the end of February, and then enjoyed a few days travelling in Granada, Leon and Managua.
Welcome Desk: Anna Abraham
Greeter: Rob Broberg
Ushers: Dick Steffy, Gordon Coyne, Judy & Ron Charie, Sandi & Tom McBride
Radio/Sound: Quinn Kozlowski
Broadcast: Kari Feldmann
Multimedia: Jeffrey Baer
Giving Table: Sharon Feldmann
Hospital Visitor: Wendy Garner
Nursery Care: Helen Fagan, Christine Hildred
Refreshments: Ruth Ann & Willi Ilgauds
Sunday Attendant: Ellen McIntosh
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.