We have so much to be thankful for – thanks so much to all adult participants for your efforts and leadership at Logos this year! It takes a lot of work to prepare each session and your efforts are very much appreciated. Special thanks to Kendra Breen and the kitchen crew who are working extra hard this week to prepare the turkey for all of us this week – 80 pounds of potatoes are being prepared!!! If anyone can help peel potatoes this week – Kendra is starting at 1:30 p.m. on Thursday. We still need extra helpers in the kitchen on a weekly basis so please let Kendra know if this is something you would like to do – it is a great way to get to know people!! The kitchen crew starts preparing food at 4:30 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. Contact Kendra at email@example.com if you are interested. Thanks for the help during dining hall teardown – we need that help every week so thanks in advance for everyone who can stay.
This week is Week 1 which means:
- senior high class is doing activities in the Knox Room and junior high is in the gym at 4:30 p.m..
- grade 4 to 6 class will be doing Activities in Room 202 and the grades 1 to 3 class will be in the gym for recreation after dinner
During Family time it would be helpful to remember (and to remind your child):
- there is one server and scraper per table (unless at junior high or senior high tables where there are 2 or 3); everyone else is seated except the server/scraper
- pass to the left for serving
- no one eats until the server starts eating
- no dessert until the dishes from dinner have been scraped and cleared
- cutlery is cleared and put into the water
- water/drinks in glasses go into the liquid in before the glasses are put into the cup holder
- table cloths get cleared after dinner before the activity
- after we sing “Sanctuary” the chairs should be stacked 10 chairs high
Reminder to let Deb Lacoste know if your grade 4 to 6 child can participate in the tone chime performance on Sunday, Dec. 8th with a practice on Sat. Dec 7th (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Last call to EXTEND YOUR THANKSGIVING TABLE
Would you like to add some Food for Thought students to your Thanksgiving gathering this year? These students (undergrads & grad students, Canadian and international) would enjoy sharing your celebration. Talk or email Nancy Matthews email@example.com or talk to Kendra Breen firstname.lastname@example.org, if you could add some plates to your table!
Have a great evening! See you Thursday at Logos!!