Since 1974 Knox Waterloo has employed a half-time Coordinator of Christian Education to maintain and inspire well- supported nurture programs for children, youth and young adults.
The position of Faith Formation Coordinator requires a person of Christian faith who embraces the value statement of Knox Waterloo. Our Core Values inform all our ministries:
- We believe our church is “reformed and still reforming,” and so, we recognize the importance of prayerful questioning, innovation
- We value diversity, compassion, generosity and service to others as we seek to respond faithfully to the changing needs of our congregation, our community and our world.
- We welcome all ages, gender identities, racial and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, economic circumstances, and family configurations, as we seek to provide a safe space for each person to fully participate in the life and mission of the church.
- Our gifts of time, talent and treasure reflect the principle of “equal sacrifice, not equal gifts.”
- Relying on the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we are committed to open, transparent and responsive dialogue that is engaging, accessible and shared using multiple relevant forms of communication.
- We affirm everyone in their faith and life journey emphasizing the importance of our children and youth as full participants in the life, worship and work of our congregation, celebrating their creativity, enthusiasm and energy.