Sewing Seeds Of Faith
Marking 16 years of Christian Education with Laura Vander Vleuten
Entry of the Written Word
“At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” Jesus called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever is like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.” Matthew 18
Call to Worship:
One: We gather as God’s beloved children –
All: However glad we are, however out of sorts we are.
One: We come together as a people whom Jesus calls into community –
All: So this becomes a place where all are welcome.
One: We have come to give thanks, to pray and sing, to be with other –
All: Let us worship God.
Opening Hymn #377 “Come, children, join to sing”
Prayer and Lord’s Prayer
Peace Invocation: “May the peace of Christ be with you”
Passing of Peace
Sunday School Children Thank Laura with a Song!
Lyrics by Amanda Farquhar and Nicole Bardeau with Christy Sennema on the piano.
Presentation from Children at Knox
Glenda Ribey Rozomiak and Amelia Rozomiak
Life and Ministry at Knox
Deb Schlichter – Clerk of Session
Video “Thank you, Laura”
LOGOS Presentation – Liz, Jen and youth
Reply from Laura
Hymn #655 “Give me oil in my lamp”
Children’s Story – Seeds of faith
Acknowledging Teachers and Leaders: Prayer for teachers, leaders, children and youth (together): Gracious God, we thank you for calling us into a delightful ministry of teaching and learning together. Help us to recognize and celebrate the gifts that each one brings to this community of faith. Help us to treasure and strengthen the strands that connect us to one another and to you. We ask your blessing upon our teachers, leaders, children, youth and young adults. Guide us and empower us to live what we learn, to serve your world following Christ’s example. Amen
(At this time infants, preschoolers and children up to grade 2 leave for Sunday School. Grades 3 and up stay in worship)
Hymn #773 “Jesus bids us shine”
Presentation of Gift from the Congregation
Shirley Carter and Gordon Coyne (gift and bucket)
Presentation our Offering:
Offertory: “Crowded Table” by the Highwomen. Sung by Stacey, Molly and Aubrey Guse
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
Prayer of Dedication (together): O God, we offer these gifts to you. May they be like seeds that plant a garden of love, shaping and transforming the world with Good News. Amen
Hymn #445 “Open our eyes, Lord”
Scripture: “The Parable of the Sower” Knox Senior High
Sermon: “Seeds of Faith”
Hymn #641 “One more step along the world I go”
Choral Closing “Walk with me”
Today’s radio broadcast and live streaming is sponsored by Anne Arajs and Carol Larsen in gratitude and celebration of their mom’s 98th birthday. Congratulations and Happy Birthday to Ruth Larsen!
We hope everyone will stay for cake with Laura in the church hall. If you haven’t filled out a card for Laura’s Bucket, you can do so then. Thanks to Greg Sennema, Nicole Bardeau, Amanda Farquhar, Liz Fryer, Shirley Carter and Linda Ashfield for planning today.
Welcome Desk: Femmy Birks & Eleanor Larter
Greeters: Judy & John McBride
Ushers: Heather Cawsey, Bob Reichard, Barb Prysnuk, Andrew Rozomiak, Susan & Stuart McTavish
Radio/Sound: Mark Culp
Broadcast: Kathleeen Forde
Multimedia: David Matthews
Giving Table: Charlene Janes
Hospital Visitor: Gordon Coyne/Heather Cawsey
Refreshments: Susan & Stuart McTavish
Sunday Attendant: Willi Ilgauds
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Tithe.ly, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.
Knox Waterloo Presbyterian Church statement of Inclusion:
God’s Love Includes Everyone. As an inclusive, affirming congregation, we honour the diversity of God’s creation. Our community is richer when we include people of all ages, gender identities, racial and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, economic circumstances and family configurations. We seek to provide a safe space so that each person can bring every aspect of their whole self into participation within this congregation. We invite all to join into the life, leadership, witness and ministry of Knox Waterloo.