Personal Preparation for Worship:
Whose glory is reflected in my life journey, my life accomplishments? What things do I feel are necessities on my life journey? What in me needs healing and transformation, and where do I look for such healing? Is there some particular “journey” that I should be making at this time?
Entry of the Written Word
Call to Worship:
One: God’s love is all around us.
All: It flows upon us like the sunshine.
One: It is closer than the air we breathe.
All: We are God’s beloved children and we have come to celebrate God’s good news.
One: God’s love is all around us.
All: Let us worship God!
Hymn # 691 vs. 1-3 “My shepherd is the King of love”
Prayer and Lord’s Prayer: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as in heaven, Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us. Save us from the time oftrial and deliver us from evil. For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours now and forever. Amen
Peace Invocation: “May the peace of Christ be with you”
May the peace of Christ be with you.
May the love of God dwell deep in your heart.
May the Spirit enlighten your way.
May you live in the comfort of God’s care.
Passing the Peace:
Welcome, Acknowledgements and Announcements
Hymn #689 vs. 1-2 “Simply trusting every day”
Today in Sunday school: Luke 10:1-11, 16-20 “Faith’s Journey”
Next week: Luke 10:25-37 “Part of God’s Realm”
Sunday school for JK-Gr 6 meets in Room 205; Nursery/Toddler Care is available in Room 107
Hymn #689 vs. 3-4 “Simply trusting every day”
Old Testament: 2 Kings 5:1-14
New Testament: Matthew 18:1-5
Presentation our Offering:
Offertory: “How Beautiful” Soloist: Jake Villeneuve.
Words and Music by Jeff Lippencott, Arr. Tom Fettke
Hymn“For the life that you have given”
For the life that you have given,
For the love in Christ made known,
With these fruits of time and labour,
With these gifts that are your own:
Here we offer, Lord, our praises;
Heart and mind and strength we bring;
Give us grace to love and serve you,
Living what we pray and sing.
Prayer of Dedication: Loving God, we give these gifts with joy, for we have received many gifts with gratitude. May our gifts serve all that brings love and healing to our world. Amen
Sermon: “The Faith of a Child”
Hymn#671 “I heard the voice of Jesus say”
Choral Closing “Walk with me”
Walk with me, I will walk with you;
And build the land that God has planned
Where love shines through.
Welcome Desk: Nancy Matthews
Greeters: Lois & Bob Reichard
Ushers: Barb & George MacAskill, Cheryl Meyer, Ken Vander Vleuten, Lucas Britto, Dave Dougall
Radio/Sound: Ainsley Milne
Broadcast: Barb Gaudet
Multimedia: Andrew Church
Giving Table: Charlene Janes
Hospital Visitor: Cheryl Meyer
Sunday Attendant: Tristan de Oliveira
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.
Knox Waterloo Presbyterian Church statement of Inclusion:
God’s Love Includes Everyone. As an inclusive, affirming congregation, we honour the diversity of God’s creation. Our community is richer when we include people of all ages, gender identities, racial and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, economic circumstances and family configurations. We seek to provide a safe space so that each person can bring every aspect of their whole self into participation within this congregation. We invite all to join into the life, leadership, witness and ministry of Knox Waterloo.