As we mark Canada Day, let us also celebrate Canada’s contributions around the world. International aid plays an important role in addressing poverty, hunger and inequality in vulnerable countries overseas. Support from the Government of Canada for PWS&D’s maternal, newborn and child health program in Afghanistan and Malawi maximizes Presbyterian contributions to projects delivering life-saving health care to mothers and babies. Let’s continue sharing Canadian compassion and generosity throughout the world. Through the I Care campaign, Canadians can sign a postcard addressed to the prime minister, letting him know that they care about and support Canada’s role in ending global hunger and poverty. PWS&D shares God’s love beyond our borders
Prelude and Personal Preparation for Worship:
Lord God, we thank you for your mercy towards our nation throughout its long history. Hear us as we seek your continuing mercy in this our day. Deliver us from the sins of affluence, from pride, from materialism, and from indifference to the needs of the developing world. Inspire your Church to be the nation’s conscience. Give to our leaders soundness of judgement and courage of decision; and unite us all in a common zeal to honour you and serve others; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Prayer for the nation, by John R.W. Stott.
Entry of the Written Word
Call to Worship: (from Psalm 33)
One: Come rejoice, all you who love and serve the Lord! Sing songs and hymns of praise; celebrate together in God’s presence!
All: For the word of the Lord holds true forever, and everything he does is worthy of our trust.
One: Let all the earth stand in awe of our God, for God spoke, and the world came into being; God breathed, and the heavens were born.
All: God shatters the plans of the nations, and frustrates all their schemes.
One: But the plans of our Maker stand firm forever; God’s intentions are unshakeable.
All: Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, whose people are known by his name.
One: Let your unfailing love surround us, O God, for our hope is in you alone.
Hymn # 800 vs. 1&2 “O Canada”
Prayer and Lord’s Prayer
Peace Invocation: “May the peace of Christ be with you”
Passing the Peace:
Welcome, Acknowledgements and Announcements
Hymn # 78 “This is the day”
Children’s time: “A Prayer for our country”
Today in Sunday school: Galatians 5:1, 13-25 “Guided by God’s spirit”
Next week: “Father’s Journey” Luke 10:1-11, 16-20
Old Testament: Deuteronomy 26:1-11
New Testament: Matthew 5:43-48
Presentation our Offering:
Offertory: “My Lord What a morning” arr. Mark Hayes
Soloist: Jake Villeneuve.
Hymn“For the life that you have given”
Prayer of Dedication
Sermon: “A land of hope”
Hymn#801 “From ocean unto ocean”
Benediction and Choral Closing “Walk with me”
In loving memory of Janet and Neil Campbell a donation has been made to Radio and Live Streaming Ministry by Joan Campbell
Welcome Desk: Eleanor Larter
Greeters: Lois & Bob Reichard
Ushers: Judy & John McBride, Cheryl Meyer, Ken Vander Vleuten, Gordon Coyne, Wendy Anderson
Radio/Sound: Joe Gordon
Broadcast: Grant Birks
Multimedia: David Matthews
Giving Table: Ken Vander Vleuten
Hospital Visitor: Anne Arjas
Sunday Attendant: Tristan de Oliveira
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.
Knox Waterloo Presbyterian Church statement of Inclusion:
God’s Love Includes Everyone. As an inclusive, affirming congregation, we honour the diversity of God’s creation. Our community is richer when we include people of all ages, gender identities, racial and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, economic circumstances and family configurations. We seek to provide a safe space so that each person can bring every aspect of their whole self into participation within this congregation. We invite all to join into the life, leadership, witness and ministry of Knox Waterloo.