“Pentecost is about the energy and strength which comes from being enlivened by God’s Spirit. Pentecost is about freedom from fear and release from a “locked door” mentality. It is about “the power of the Spirit to integrate profound changes of heart with exuberant and effective action. It is about celebrating the diverse ways in which God’s Spirit works.”
Janet Morley “Bread of Tomorrow”
Entry of the Written Word
Call to Worship:
One: The Spirit blows life through us all
All: We gather to celebrate this life-giving Spirit.
One: The Spirit breaks down all barriers and walls.
All: We give thanks for the Spirit, both Giver and Gift.
Hymn #277 vs. 1-4 “On this assembled host”
Prayerand Lord’s Prayer
Peace Invocation: “May the peace of Christ be with you”
Passing the Peace:
Welcome, Acknowledgements and Announcements
- Christy Sennema “Senior High and Ray of Hope”
Milestone Ministry:Grade 6, 8 and 12 Graduation
Hymn #381 vs. 1-4 “Holy Spirit, hear us”
Today in Sunday school: Acts 2:1-21 “The Power of Pentecost”
Next week: Psalm 8 “God Cares for Each One”
Hymn #399 “Spirit, Spirit of gentleness”
Hebrew Scripture:Genesis 1:1-5
Responsive Psalm 104: 24-34
All: Send forth your Spirit, O God, and renew the face of the earth. Give us your breath and we shall live.
New Testament: Acts 2:1-21
Presentation our Offering:
Offertory: “Panis Angelicus” – Caesar Frank
Soloist: Jakob Villeneuve;
Piano: Bowen You
The Knox Choir
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
Prayer of Dedication
Sermon: “Seeing the Spirit at work among us”
Hymn#384 “O Breath of life, come sweeping through us”
Choral Closing“Walk with me”
Celebrating the Milestone of Graduation are:
Grade 6:Liam Alcock, Alice Carter, Bethany Ellis, Capi McLean
Grade 8: Renee Gaudet, Finlay McLean, Paula Mojica
Grade 12: Cameron Beard, Jackson Del Chiaro, Matt Fazzari, Claire Fife, Nick Lacoste, Noel Sennema
Congratulations and may God continue to bless you in these exciting times!
Welcome Desk: Femmy Birks & Mary Whitson
Greeters: Sharon Feldman
Ushers: Kathy Hall, Bob Reith, Barb MacAskill, Cheryl Meyer, Anne & John Fairles
Radio/Sound: Eric Gaudet
Broadcast: Barb Gaudet
Multimedia: Cassandra Fraser
Giving Table: Gordon Coyne
Hospital Visitor: Anne Arjas
Sunday Attendant: Ellen McIntosh
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.
Knox Waterloo Presbyterian Church statement of Inclusion:
God’s Love Includes Everyone. As an inclusive, affirming congregation, we honour the diversity of God’s creation. Our community is richer when we include people of all ages, gender identities, racial and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, economic circumstances and family configurations. We seek to provide a safe space so that each person can bring every aspect of their whole self into participation within this congregation. We invite all to join into the life, leadership, witness and ministry of Knox Waterloo.