CELEBRATION OF BAPTISM AND HOLY COMMUNION
Prelude “The Earle of Oxford’s March” (William Byrd)
Entry of the Written Word
Call to Worship:
One: Let every creature in heaven and earth
All: shout to God and sing with joy!
One: Gather now in the love of Christ.
All: We come together to worship and praise.
One: To the one who calls us friends, who prays for our unity and calls us to the table
All: be blessing and honour, glory and power for ever. Amen
Hymn #448 “O God beyond all praising”
Prayer and Lord’s Prayer
Peace Invocation: “Shalom”
Passing the Peace
Welcome, Acknowledgements and Announcements
Hymn #521 “Child of blessing, child of promise”
Celebration of Baptism:
Today we celebrate the Sacrament of Baptism for
Rowan John Henry and Alistair Stephen Todd
Sons of Cameron & Heather Todd
Landon Michael Gradwell
Son of Christopher & Stephanie Gradwell
Payton Hope Miller
Daughter of Troy & Jessica Miller, & Trisha Miller
Jakob Martin Wirth
Son of Martin and Maria Wirth
Aaronic Blessing #619 “The Lord bless you”
Today in Sunday school: Acts 16:16-34 “Freedom in the Spirit”
Next week: Acts 2:1-21 “The Power of Pentecost”
Hymn #472 “We are God’s people”
Hebrew Scripture – Psalm 133
Gospel – John 17:20-26
Presentation of our Offering:
Offertory “My Lord What a Morning” (arr. David Marlatt)
Hymn “For the life that you have given”
Prayer of Dedication
Meditation “Diversity in Unity”
Celebration of Communion:
Invitation to Communion
Hymn 548 “Let us break bread together”
The Story of the Lord’s Supper Prayer Sharing the Bread and Cup
(please eat and drink when the bread and cup come to you)
Communion Music “Earthscape” (David Marlatt)
Hymn#314 “God is love: come heaven, adoring”
Benediction and Choral Closing “Walk with me”
Postlude “Aura” music by Derek Bourgeois Op367
Thank you to: EBYTOWN BRASS
Conductor: Susan Follows
Trumpets: Mike Hagedorn, Phil Baker, Peter Revie, Dave Manning
Horns: Randi Patterson, Evelyn Somers
Trombones: Carolyn Culp, Steve Hagedorn, Paul Ellingham
Euphonium: Terry McConnell
Tuba: Matthew Minielly
Welcome Desk: Gloria Roberts, Nancy Matthews
Greeters: Christy & Greg Sennema
Ushers: Tom & Sandi McBride, Dianne & John Linnerth, Judy & John McBride
Radio/Sound: Mark Culp
Broadcast: Ben Breen
Multimedia: David Matthews
Giving Table: Charlene Janes
Hospital Visitor: Anne Arjas
Refreshments: Susan & Stuart McTavish
Sunday Attendant: Tristan de Oliveira
Welcome to Knox Waterloo
- You are welcome in the name of Jesus.
- Individual listening devices for improved sound are available at the Welcome Desk.
- We have Scent-Free Seating on the front left side as you enter from the back. You can also enter the scent free area from the side door.
- There is a bright, modern nursery on the main floor next to the sanctuary. If your infant or small child needs care during the worship service, you may leave the sanctuary and return as you wish. You and your child are welcome during worship. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available.
- Worship bags, containing quiet activities are on the wall opposite the nursery and toddler room. You are welcome to borrow one of these bags.
- Offering envelopes are on the backs of seats. You may choose to give after worship using credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. If using an offering envelope please leave your full address on it. This is a requirement for all charities in order to send charitable receipts for gifts.
- Please take a moment, if you wish, to introduce yourself to one of the ministers, or a greeter at the welcome desk.
There are many ways to give at Knox Waterloo. Everything we do is supported by the financial generosity of our community. We give generously in many ways.
- Some through PACK (Pre Authorized Contribution to Knox)
- Some generously with gifts of appreciated assets
- Some give via Credit Card or Debit after Church
- Some with weekly offering envelops
- Now through the phone app Pushpay, for Knox Waterloo, using our credit card at any time we feel God’s grace and a want to give. We can give 24 hours a day through this app. This takes about 10 seconds.
Knox Waterloo Presbyterian Church statement of Inclusion:
God’s Love Includes Everyone. As an inclusive, affirming congregation, we honour the diversity of God’s creation. Our community is richer when we include people of all ages, gender identities, racial and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, economic circumstances and family configurations. We seek to provide a safe space so that each person can bring every aspect of their whole self into participation within this congregation. We invite all to join into the life, leadership, witness and ministry of Knox Waterloo.